Things I should have known before now... (1 Viewer)

around the time i learned that fact i also listened to the lyrics of that track, which i'd never paid heed to before. more interesting than i'd expected.

Dark kitchens.

Apparently, all around the place, landlords are renting out warehouses which are taken up by the likes of Pizza Express. So when you order your food off Deliveroo or Uber-eats or whatever, it's actually coming from a warehouse factory type operation, not necessarily an actual restaurant. And all these different chains share the same warehouse.

That means, since you pay extra to get it delivered, and it's being made in a presumably much more streamlined way, you're getting double-shafted.

I have never used a Deliveroo or anything like it.

Dark kitchens.

Apparently, all around the place, landlords are renting out warehouses which are taken up by the likes of Pizza Express. So when you order your food off Deliveroo or Uber-eats or whatever, it's actually coming from a warehouse factory type operation, not necessarily an actual restaurant. And all these different chains share the same warehouse.

That means, since you pay extra to get it delivered, and it's being made in a presumably much more streamlined way, you're getting double-shafted.

I have never used a Deliveroo or anything like it.
Yeah, I think they are also called Ghost Kitchens

Not having food delivered is one of the few tenets I live by

Yeah, I think they are also called Ghost Kitchens

Not having food delivered is one of the few tenets I live by
I know I'm talking mostly about chain restaurants here, but even then you can tell if the cook/chef cares about what their doing or not. And the guys making this food almost certainly don't care if their working in those conditions down the back of a grimy industrial estate being told what to do by an app. We're being lied to sheeple.

As a side note, the person who told me this was moving his warehouse to the outskirts of London because the rent where he had been went from £14/sq ft to £23/sq ft. just like that because there's demand for these dark kitchens. That's fucking mad. He hires out lights to theatre companies. Food and the arts, getting fecked around. California capitalism is destroying all the beautiful things in life.

Having food delivered is one of the tenets I live by
I can't do it, man

Can't have someone do something I can do myself. It's a curse sometimes.
Like I will always go to the Chinese. Never deliver.

But also, I can't buy any veg or fruit that's already been chopped up in a supermarket.
Eventually bought a jar of garlic after agonising over it.
I don't even like buying sliced ham. I'll buy a ham and cook it, and slice it.

Fucking mental case, no wonder I'm not married.

that's not mental. staying away from deliveroo takeouts and processed food is a very healthy plan

It’s about half an hour’s walk to the Chinese, I’d just have congealed Chinese. But if you’re having someone else cook it, why the hang up about delivery?
Just my own stuff
Aversion to laziness
An inherent cheapness, or reluctance to spend unnecessarily
Some Catholic shame boilerplate stuff

Also, I don't think the delivery guys are any faster.
I like to be there when the food comes out.
Not after it's been sitting on a passenger seat with three other orders

But this is a twice per month thing tops
Takeaway is an extravagance for me

Last edited:

Also, only found out about this a few months ago:

"On 28 February 1958, a B-47E of the 310th Bombardment Wing developed problems shortly after takeoff and jettisoned its two 1,700 gallon external fuel tanks. They missed their designated safe impact area, and one hit a hangar while the other struck the ground 65 feet (20 m) behind a parked B-47E. The parked plane, which was fuelled and had a pilot on board, was engulfed by flames.[10]"

A plane with a nuclear weapon on board, burned to the ground. But nothing to see here. Pure madness.

But also, I can't buy any veg or fruit that's already been chopped up in a supermarket.
Eventually bought a jar of garlic after agonising over it.
I don't even like buying sliced ham. I'll buy a ham and cook it, and slice it.

Fucking mental case, no wonder I'm not married.

Can't abide grated cheese being a product.
By association i've ended up in a life where delivered food happens, but also in the sticks it doesn't exist which is very grounding.

Anyways, look as us all there now

When I worked in Dunnes there was a certain kind of person who bought grated cheese. A nouveau riche, unimaginative, thisiswhatI'msupposedtobuy type. They'd be the same kind of people who'd pick all the olives out of the greek salad in the salad bar and buy round steak for frying because it's still steak isn't it, and look down their noses at the likes of me.

i buy grated cheese all the time. but grated mozzarella is best avoided when it comes to pizza toppings; as mentioned above, they add ingredients to prevent it from sticking together in the packet (potato starch in the case of the cheese i currently have in the fridge) which makes it not ideal for making pizzas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back