thin lizzy, deano's bar and grill (1 Viewer)

Jeb: "The Rocker" is one of the best tracks Thin Lizzy ever came up with. This song is where Phil really found the classic sound. Do you agree or disagree? Is there a story behind this song?

Eric: When I would be messing around on guitar, Philip would ask me, "Is that yours Er?" He was asking me if something was my idea that I was playing or if it was someone else's. A lot of the time the ideas would be mine and Philip would write a song around it. He heard me playing the chords to "The Rocker" and wrote the lyrics and middle eight.

I remember one day in the car when we were traveling to some show -- he carried a book with him in which he wrote words and he passed it to me. In it he had just started writing the words to "The Rocker." One of our managers, Ted Carroll, had a record shop called The Rock On Stall and both his record shop and Ted are mentioned in
the song.
"

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/Interviews06/WhatEverHappenedToEricBell.htm

the original lurics of that song have two lines dedicated to the quality of the carvery there of a sunday.

actually it's a karaoke bar in Palmerston North, New Zealand:

A singing detective has obtained a confession from a gang member over a beer at a Palmerston North karaoke bar.

Willie Mitford, a patched Black Power member, was enjoying a pint at Deano's Bar and Grill in Main Street on Friday night when Detective Dave Wishnowsky happened past.

Mr Wishnowsky was the officer in charge of a theft-as-a-servant trial brought against Mitford last month.

The jury in that trial was hung and Mitford had gone free. One theft charge remained, however, and the two men got to discussing the case over a handle.

Before long, a wager was laid.

"I had had a few drinks," Mitford said later.

"I said 'You get up there and sing me a song, and if you're good, I will go guilty'."

Unbeknown to Mitford, Mr Wishnowsky is a former musician, and before long was belting out a rousing rendition of Robbie Williams' hit Better Man.

The dulcet detective had barely started the song when Mitford came forward, shook his hand and promised to change his plea to guilty.

"He was something special, I s*** you not," Mitford said yesterday.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=3564867

actually it's in the Virgin Islands

a_4_p56.jpg

ah, something which has plagued great minds for generations

i heard it was in texas - it's in some book on lizzy which i haven't read

'Deanos' is actually 'Dinos'. I was reliably informed a few years ago by a native of the Walkinstown area (beside where the bould Phillo was from in Crumlin) that is in fact now the 'Borza' chipper on the Perrystown road. It was once Dino's and thats where you used to go for your after-disco bash (literally) and chips.

Basically, if you head towards the Ashleaf shopping center from Crumlin Village, go straigh through the crossroads there at Cromwellsfort Road, and carry on for about a quarter of a mile. Its in there on the right.

They do lovely chips.

pretty sure i read it was in LA in some book on lizzy i read a few years ago.

our resident lizzy expert has just said people always told him it was in templeogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back