There Will Be Blood (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Corm
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1
Daniel Day Lewis at his theatrical best. The bowling alley scene is straight off the stage and a great end.

Soundtrack was pretty rippin' too, was surprised later to learn it was scored by the guitarist from Radiohead.

Great movie. The ominous strings played in the background all through the movie make it seem really sinister. The ending is amazing. Lets discuss it and ruin it for everyone who hasn't seen it yet.

It's great and all but I do't think it was the best film of the year. Day Lewis was far too thatric in it and ended up being more like a big bad panto villian. The bowling alley scene was far far too like a Stanley Kubrick scene with the big long angles and straight line shot of the alley. Spoiler:
Not to mention the skull bashing bit of Eli. That's pure ripped off the monkey bashing scene from 2001.

mmmmmmmmm, d/l?
I only watch 99% of films once so don't be botrhered with the extra d/l but this film probs would be great in HD.

Saw it again for the second time yesterday. Fuckin amazing like. Few nods towards Kubrick alright, lots of comparisons being drawn with The Shining, but what's wrong with being influenced by one of the best directors ever?
Daniel Day Lewis makes the whole film though, fucking amazing performance, total legend. It's the best acting performance I've seen in years, maybe ever! Like, you think Forest Whittaker is class as Idi Amin, and then you watch There Will Be Blood and Daniel Day Lewis shits all over that!

I was worried from the trailer that it might end up just being a stupid christian morality story but then delighted when it totally went the other way.

saw it on fri. totally blown away by day lewis performance. Cormac that's interesting that you thought of the shining. The Director was thinking of using penderecki whose music appears alot in the shining like in the bleeding hallway scene. there were lots of symetrical framed shots like kubrick, the bowling alley scene reminded me of clockwork orange. johnny greenwood(radiohead) did the score. nerding over.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back