The Yoke (1 Viewer)

Keeror

Since 2000
A new issue of The Yoke is now on sale.

It's a magazine, but it's not like most magazines.
It's has interesting articles (about why money doesn't make you happy, why superheroes are great, and features about goings-on in Afghanistan, Venezuela and Thailand, amongst others), no horscopes or reviews, and no ads, no cover CD.

It has a cover designed by D.A.D.D.Y. (with perforations!), costs €5 and you can get it in Tower, Eason's and other newsagents of taste and distinction.

Have fun with it!

Originally posted by Keeror

costs €5 and you can get it in Tower, Eason's and other newsagents of taste and distinction.

that's debatable . I bought mine in Londis in the Liberties. It was on the shelf right betside Smash Hits, OK and Hello.

Re: Re: The Yoke

Originally posted by The Chilli King

that's debatable . I bought mine in Londis in the Liberties. It was on the shelf right betside Smash Hits, OK and Hello.

Does that now make it a bad mag? It's not their fault how its shelved is it?

i think his point was that yer man said it was to be found in shops of taste and distinction and the chili fella was saying that he found it in londis in the liberties, which acording to himself isn't a shop of taste and distinction,
i don't think he was taking the piss out of the magazine, more the shop.

but maybe i'm wrong

I'm slowly learning to love your reactionary ways Speedy

I used to find the way you always dived in with all guns blazing and a whole bout of outrage and bile over the most inoccent of comments a mite irratating

but I'm slowly beginging to love it

Originally posted by Keeror
A new issue of The Yoke is now on sale.
It's a magazine, but it's not like most magazines.
about why money doesn't make you happy,

that's debatable . I bought mine in Londis in the Liberties. It was on the shelf right betside Smash Hits, OK and Hello

:confused: :confused: :confused:
COMPRENDEZ?

Originally posted by Sprite Boy

that's debatable . I bought mine in Londis in the Liberties. It was on the shelf right betside Smash Hits, OK and Hello

COMPRENDEZ?

jesus stop confusing things even more there spritey!

Re: Re: Re: The Yoke

Originally posted by Speed Racer

Does that now make it a bad mag? It's not their fault how its shelved is it?

I'm not having a bash at the mag. It's a wonderful publication and indeed more of it's kind should be on the shelves. Pad was right, I was merely pointing out that I wouldn't consider my local spar a distinguished newsagent. They only seem to stock magazines with Big Brother contestants and the Sugarbabes on the front.
And before you ask, Speedy, I'm not having a go at the liberties either.:D

Originally posted by Sprite Boy

According to eminent scientists, earning up to $10,000 per annum makes you happy. But after that the more you earn, the more stress it brings with it.
I think the $10,000 is a world-wide average. It wouldn't make you very happy in Ireland I don't think. Unless you found it all in one go. Or didn't mind living in a skip.

Anyway, if you go to your Yoke dealer, you can find out for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back