The Writings On The Wall (1 Viewer)

egg_ said:
Saw that on Sunday night.
It leaves out 2 of my daily commutes (5 mins) - home for my lunch and back
Actually it leaves out all my meals

did you see the graffiti beside it?

sleep, eat potted herring, freshly squeezed orange juice and home-made bread, commute, work, commute, eat lunch of hummus, fava bean and lettuce sandwich made with home made bread plus cup of tea, commute, work, sit next to religious painful boss who doesn't like Dizee Rascal, work some more, commute, eat poached duck with cream sauce, roast potatoes and a side of brocolli smothered in butter, sleep, commute

egg_ said:
Saw that on Sunday night.
It leaves out 2 of my daily commutes (5 mins) - home for my lunch and back
Actually it leaves out all my meals

but other then that you're pretty content with that description of your life?

I'm BORED

why?

because all the music video channels on the digital telly box have crushed my already minute attention span to a mere fraction of what it once was.

jane said:
I'm also a big fan of what the youngfella calls 'The Dublin Knob', the rocketship usually decorated with a few stray hairs and found in surprising numbers around the city.
Every one of those new Corrs posters I've seen has got one of these going into Jim Corr's mouth.

And rightly so.

there's a dyslexic anti-religious propagandist at work in the north side of cork these days. he was around years ago aswell but disappeared then for ages. he's back with a vengence now anyway with such classics as:

"religin is a tool to supress the comunist revulution"
"religin is a drug to dope and controle"

and my personal favourite from a few years ago:

"religin is the mad cow dicese"

i'm only guessing most of the spelling he used but you get the drift anyway. another mayfield classic is on the wall of a southern health board clinic ... "sex is good" and "the pigs are shitty".

jane said:
I forgot about the 'Dalkey' sign at the DART station there, which someone has lovingly altered to say 'Donkey', which is always going to be funny. ALWAYS.
The best thing EVER is the Grand Canal Dock one, whcih has been altered to say Grand Anal Cock. I'm actually glad I don't live on a dart line any more because I used laugh out loud when I saw that.

I also like the ones on the back of the toilet doors in UCD, where there's an ad for a counselling service with the tag-lines "Pregnant? Relationship worries? Sexual health problems?" and so on, and somebody's written below them "AVOID HARRY" ...

Liadain said:
I also like the ones on the back of the toilet doors in UCD, where there's an ad for a counselling service with the tag-lines "Pregnant? Relationship worries? Sexual health problems?" and so on, and somebody's written below them "AVOID HARRY" ...
On the bus shelter for the 2/3 bus at UCD, there's a Cadbury's roses ad for Mother's Day. It shows a box of roses, and above it, 'She even wiped your', with 'nose' below the image. Someone has scrawled 'ASS' across the box. I laugh every time.

If you look over from the North Quays, down near the Point, there's a 'Hollywood'-style, massive sign for Grand Canal Dock. Very, very tempting...

jane said:
Now that is fucking brilliant.

I can't wait to see those.

In addition to that, the following will always be funny:

* blackening out of teeth on posters
* drawing Hitler moustaches.

you forgot the roundy glasses!!!

my fave peice of graffiti was in blanch on a wall..someone had drawn a big happy vampire with the words "dracula ha ha ha ha ha" beside it. Used to make me laugh.

wings.jpg

Think I posted this before. Lovely. Near Roisin Dubh in Galway.

Pantone247 said:
but other then that you're pretty content with that description of your life?
Well, it ain't accurate ... but hey, live and let live, know what I mean?
Hey Pantone, write a book, why dontcha? It's a good antidote to boredom in work, just load up your book and work on it. Maybe a novel, or something on philosophy

Some Tullamore classics:

'Sex is goob'

'All cop are fuck'

and two feet away

'All cop are baster'

the finest one i have seen was also on a ucd toilet door, long since rinsed away: "badger is a loose cannon and a cunt".

a wonderful mixture of the mundane and the absurd.

St mary's seconday school in Galway was a hostile environment for sensitive souls;

When a music lovers plucked up the courage to write "I love kate Bush" on a desk, an apostaphy s was quickly added to kate - classic

desertedvillage said:
St mary's seconday school in Galway was a hostile environment for sensitive souls;

When a music lovers plucked up the courage to write "I love kate Bush" on a desk, an apostaphy s was quickly added to kate - classic
thats place was like alcatraz, man.
high levels of literacy tho....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back