the wire season 3 dvd (1 Viewer)

there were so much comedy gold in s4...need to download it again

Namond: "hey Snoop, i'm in the same class as your sister!"
Snoop: "THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?"

I just watched 5 episodes of season 3 in a row and I aint done yet. My only worry is that if I finish the whole series tonight then what the hell am I gonna do with my day off tomorrow. Other stuff? Fuck that.

the introduction of slim charles is still throwing me
he appears out of nowhere....i thought he might have been brought in as a hired gun - but he knows cutty from way back

actually the whole idea of muscle in the gangs is weird..marlow has a huge group of young'ns who are prepared to throw down against herc and carver
but the barksdale organisation only has (at this point in season 3) that the old guy, dreadlocked guy, guy who takes the minutes, cutty and slim charles....i suppose they didn't really show the muscle in the previous series, focusing in on the corner boys

caring about this shit means i've probably watched it too many times

almost ready to move back onto season 4

of season 3? i honestly can't say i prefer any season more than another - the most 100% consistent show...

still haven't moved onto season 4...started/finished season 3 last week

the extras are pretty cool
- panel discussion with crew and cast
- video some lecture with david simon on the wire for some masters degree

i might start rewatching episodes with commentary (this is getting ridiculous, along with giving my da a present of season 1)

david simon is married to howard sterns ex-wife - fancy that

of season 3? i honestly can't say i prefer any season more than another - the most 100% consistent show...

You're absolutely right. I just mean in terms of opening episodes, Season 3 had me gripped more so then the first 2 seasons, not to diminish how good those first two seasons were.

I just watched 5 episodes of season 3 in a row and I aint done yet. My only worry is that if I finish the whole series tonight then what the hell am I gonna do with my day off tomorrow. Other stuff? Fuck that.

I had withdrawal symptoms after the fourth series. Went straight back into series one, sorted. Then keep watching em over and over til the fifth series is done and then cry yourself to sleep every night for the rest of your life.

Fifth season focuses on the media.

SIXTH season focuses on hispanic communities.

Apparantly.

Those extras sound interesting. I dont got no extras.

pretty sure there's not gonna be a sixth season
he's already said they don't know enough about the influx of latins to do it justice

Not quite as complex or good but another pretty good show is Da Vinci's Inquest. It's Canadian. Something like a cross between The Wire and more conventional shows like Law and Order. I recommend it. I've only ever seen it at 3am on RTÉ, dunno when it's on normally. There is a broad story arc but the action mainly concentrates on the main character Dominic Da Vinci.

Season 2 was the best by a mile. Season 4 on in America at the mo. God only knows how they're going to make it work this time out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back