The, 'Why do Americans....' thread. (2 Viewers)

why dont they put a u in colour?

Zs instead of Ss too! Organize that!

Actually most of those differences come from English Professors of English changing the spelling of words so that they sound more Latin, without any particular regard to whether the word actually comes from the Latin equivalent or not.
I don't know much about it, Terry Dolan's always roaring about it.

Oh!!!

What is first base? Second Base? Third base? etc?

I'm always watching these teen comedys and it's all like "yo I totally got to first base" and I'm just left wondering "is that good?, is this important to the plot? why don't I understand?"

Actually most of those differences come from English Professors of English changing the spelling of words so that they sound more Latin, without any particular regard to whether the word actually comes from the Latin equivalent or not.
I don't know much about it, Terry Dolan's always roaring about it.

I thought it was to do with Americans expressing their difference and freedom from the United Kingdom by not speaking in the Queen's English and consciously making an American form of English.

That's what I read anyway

Oh!!!

What is first base? Second Base? Third base? etc?

I'm always watching these teen comedys and it's all like "yo I totally got to first base" and I'm just left wondering "is that good?, is this important to the plot? why don't I understand?"

i always presumed it to be

1st base:kissing
2nd base:dropping the hand
3rd base:eek:ral
4th base: getting your nat king cole..

i could of course be very wrong..

Whats with all the bible-bashing, dumb n' ugly, fat people, eating super-size meals blowing up things, have a nice day tossers, not knowing their geography, using like big SUV cars and shit? That's what America is like right? right? bad americans bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back