The Wedding Present - Seamonsters in Dublin, Galway & Cork (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
i think this might interest at least one person here

UK rock band THE WEDDING PRESENT are set to play three Irish shows in October, as part of the “Seamonsters 21[SUP]st[/SUP] Anniversary tour”, celebrating 21 years since the release of the seminalSteve Albini-produced album.

The amazing David Gedge and company will play THE BUTTON FACTORY, Dublin on Friday 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] October, ROISIN DUBH, Galway on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP], and CYPRUS AVENUE, Cork on 4[SUP]th[/SUP] October.

The concerts will consist of the band playing their third studio LP, “Seamonsters” live, in its entirety, along with 40 minutes of other music.

Long-time industry outsiders, The Wedding Present have nevertheless had eighteen UK top 40 hit singles in their almost 30 year career. Their 8[SUP]th[/SUP] studio album, “Valentina”, was released in March this year, 4 years after the band’s previous record, “El Rey”.

POD presents

THE WEDDING PRESENT plays “Seamonsters”
Friday 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] October 2012
The Button Factory – Curved Street, Temple Bar – Dublin 2.
Doors – 7:30pm
Tickets €16 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster and usual outlets. [url]www.ticketmaster.ie[/URL]

www.scopitones.co.uk

Everyone goes apeshit about Black Sabbath not actually being Black Sabbath without the drummer but everyone is grand with Gedge and his backing band...

Gedge always has been the Weddos. I've no issue with him brings Kens (or Keness's).

just announced as support:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

anyone else go?

the support band were fucking mental altogether! met them afterwards-they were sound

the weddos sounded excellent! but I thought the whole thing wasn't loud enough, the gigs in TBMC used to be bangers! what happened? did the residents complain or something??

Just back from Galway.
Saw them at The Róisín Dubh last night.
Front row pogo action galore. Great gig.

The set - End Credits / Sports Car / My Favourite Dress / Back A Bit...Stop / Erinner Dich / Cat Girl Tights / Deer Caught In The Headlights / Dalliance / Dare / Suck / Blonde / Rotterdam / Lovenest / Corduroy / Carolyn / Heather / Octopussy / Click Click / Take Me!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the weddos sounded excellent! but I thought the whole thing wasn't loud enough

yeah, it was a little quiet alright. I actually took out my earplugs. still thought it was class mind, though i am slightly jealous that they played take me in galway. still, what have i said now was a brilliant closer. and click click was fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back