The War On Drugs - For The Real Love Of It (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
633ad04911b9ff78ce6e391fd459409b_L.jpg

Siobhán Kane talks with*Adam Granduciel of The War On Drugs who play a sold out show in Whelan's tonight.

More...

I have no idea. Their first album was ok. A few decent tunes and some crud. I haven't heard their second album (I'm assuming they only have 2 albums)

I'm going though. After Kurt Vile last week I'm going to try and keep expectations low

yes, wasn't it great? I loved it, have to say. I only knew about 3 songs from the set. The rest all sounded the same but still great.

What was that song he played before they left before the encore? The one he said was his favourite song ever. I was expecting Whiskey in the Jar or some crap from U2 when he said that.

I think it was a Waterboys song.

Really enjoyable gig albeit a bit samey, definitely agree about the bass sounding deadly, he was the star of the show !!!

Although that may be down to the fact that I was upstairs and he was the only one I could fully see !! Never seen Whelans that packed before....

What was that song he played before they left before the encore? The one he said was his favourite song ever. I was expecting Whiskey in the Jar or some crap from U2 when he said that.

I have a really special cover song to play there as well, The Waterboys - we are going to play 'A Pagan Place', it's my favourite song! People for years told me that we sounded like The Waterboys, and I kept finding Waterboys records, and when I had some time off I listened to them obsessively, and I think 'A Pagan Place' is my favourite one, maybe because it is the first one I put on. I had friends who were like, "this sounds like The Joshua Tree" and I was like "yeah, four fucking years before, dude". Fisherman's Blues and all of that is amazing, I felt we had to do a cover for Glasgow and Dublin. Also they really didn't play A Pagan Place live so often, and it's a great song to play. It has a similar War on Drugs thing, two chords alternating through the arrangement with piano and bass, it's going to be amazing.

http://thumped.com/interviews/the-war-on-drugs-for-the-real-love-of-it.html

it was a pagan place they covered. mike scott was on the balcony nodding approvingly

Another excellent gig, only downer was the fool in the front row who threw a bucket of ice over the folks behind him. Band were excellent especially the drummer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back