The Voodoo and sound (1 Viewer)

i quite like the voodoo. the only problem with it( this applies to every pub) is that a pint of 7up or orange is as expensive/ more expensive than a pint of beer. fuck sake. good venue thou.

The funniest thing about the voodoo is the young barman (maybe 20) who works there. He caught me skinning up and told me to stop. I laughed at him, mostly because I couldn't tell if he meant to be serious. He then sat down beside me and told me he only said that in case the boss was around. Weird. Then he tells me how he actually had 25 ounces of weed that his mate posted back from Amsterdam back in his gaff. I asked him if he meant grams, but no, it was ounces. I asked how he managed to send that much over. He said he didn't know, but he definitely had 25 ounces.

What a fucking cock. He didn't get a toke off it either, ha!

Colm don't work here anymore.....he got busted with 25 ounces !

the strange guy said:
The funniest thing about the voodoo is the young barman (maybe 20) who works there. He caught me skinning up and told me to stop. I laughed at him, mostly because I couldn't tell if he meant to be serious. He then sat down beside me and told me he only said that in case the boss was around. Weird. Then he tells me how he actually had 25 ounces of weed that his mate posted back from Amsterdam back in his gaff. I asked him if he meant grams, but no, it was ounces. I asked how he managed to send that much over. He said he didn't know, but he definitely had 25 ounces.

What a fucking cock. He didn't get a toke off it either, ha!

my only qualm with the voodoo lounge is the slight problem that they have no problem knowingly sending a completely innocent lad to jail for a few months, and lying in court just to make sure he goes down.........SCUM

conchita said:
my only qualm with the voodoo lounge is the slight problem that they have no problem knowingly sending a completely innocent lad to jail for a few months, and lying in court just to make sure he goes down.........SCUM

eh?

I think if you get your facts right thats horseshit, I have spoke to everyone connected to this event, Barry Lennon, Thomarse, Byrneos etc etc and have offered to help sort this shit out....if whoever had the balls to come forward and admit they broke the window in the first place came forward then this shit would have been sorted out long ago....You know who I am, I dont know who the fuck you are...my number is 087 6988381 if you want to call me rather than using a public forum to talk bollox...

conchita said:

conchita said:
Anyone care to explain???
Any gig I'v been to in the voodoo has had good sound. As has been said already we're not bursting at the seams with venues so in that sense it's good.

Thank you Niall, as you know we are also one of the few venues that will allow you to set up as many stalls as you want for whatever your cause is ..unless its racist or homophobic etc....

also how many venues would tip off the organisers of G8 protests fundraisers thats the pigs had been calling looking for the organisers names? and lie to protect them....

Sorry if it sounds like Im taking this personally but when peope spout shit and tell untruths about something you work hard at its annoying....Im sorry for Robs Jail/fine predicament but there are people out there that could have sorted this fiasco out rather than leaving him to take the rap....come forward faceless people !! nobody from here is looking for anyones pound of flesh...

Any gig I'v been to in the voodoo has had good sound. As has been said already we're not bursting at the seams with venues so in that sense it's good.[/QUOTE]

as the box at the bottom below says conchita is online maybe he or she would care to expand?

if you make allegations like this you need to back up or shut up, too out of the loop to know the story with this myself

First of all, I was talking about the voodoo staff not you John (unless you had anything to do with them lying in court or being general pricks)...and what happened was that at a gig in march (Barry Benefit's birthday) there was a bit of chaos where people were dragged onto the street naked amongst other things...it ended with about 15 very angry people kicking at the doors, which were being held shut by the bouncers...during all of this someone put their foot through the window ...so then, not surprisingly, the filth showed up and people began to leave...at which point the bouncers grabbed Rob from kilkenny and said he broke the window, which is not true, as anyone who was there can tell you...there were heated arguments between some of the people left and the bouncers and filth, during which the cops said:: "we know it wasnt him, we just need to get someone"...then at the court case the bouncers claimed they new it was him because he had a red mowhawk (not true) and that it was the lad in front of them in the room with red hair (blatantly untrue)...plus the fact they were inside when it happened so they didnt see anyway...so in the end he would have gone to jail for acouple of months if it wasnt for his poor ma pleading to go to the bank and act as guarantour until the next case...
and as far as i know him and the one responsible are going to sort something out for the next case....
thats what i know....
SCUM

I still don't know who you are Conchita ! I think your version of events is edited to suit what you think happened.....
I aint defending any fuckin bouncers or pigs, as anyone that knows my past history with both can testify......
The long and the short of it is Rob got nicked for breaking a window he didnt break...his friend who did left him to take the rap instead of growing balls and coming forward to clear it up...
The manager of Voodoo only wanted the window payed for at 10 euro a week...Rob was offered a choice in court to pay compensation or take a month in jail...he chose jail....you seem to have all the answers where do you go from there...I have offered to act as a middleman to liase with the venue and Rob the court whoever or any of his friends to sort it out...to date nobody has called me...choosing public forums to spout off instead......

conchita said:
First of all, I was talking about the voodoo staff not you John (unless you had anything to do with them lying in court or being general pricks)...and what happened was that at a gig in march (Barry Benefit's birthday) there was a bit of chaos where people were dragged onto the street naked amongst other things...it ended with about 15 very angry people kicking at the doors, which were being held shut by the bouncers...during all of this someone put their foot through the window ...so then, not surprisingly, the filth showed up and people began to leave...at which point the bouncers grabbed Rob from kilkenny and said he broke the window, which is not true, as anyone who was there can tell you...there were heated arguments between some of the people left and the bouncers and filth, during which the cops said:: "we know it wasnt him, we just need to get someone"...then at the court case the bouncers claimed they new it was him because he had a red mowhawk (not true) and that it was the lad in front of them in the room with red hair (blatantly untrue)...plus the fact they were inside when it happened so they didnt see anyway...so in the end he would have gone to jail for acouple of months if it wasnt for his poor ma pleading to go to the bank and act as guarantour until the next case...
and as far as i know him and the one responsible are going to sort something out for the next case....
thats what i know....
SCUM

again, im not accusing you of anything, im talking about the voodoo and their bouncers...and i agree that its a bit stupid to talk about it here, especially since it doesnt have much to do with me... (actually)...and of course he'd choose not to pay it ...that would be an admission of guilt...

If it doesn't have much to do with you...then leave it that..if it does call me..

conchita said:
again, im not accusing you of anything, im talking about the voodoo and their bouncers...and i agree that its a bit stupid to talk about it here, especially since it doesnt have much to do with me... (actually)...and of course he'd choose not to pay it ...that would be an admission of guilt...

I gotta say I had bouncer trouble a few years back at The Village with one particular nasty guy who also turned out to be the head bouncer and John sorted it out by not using him and eventually not bothering his arse much with The Village.

True story kids.!ironyyy

Ha Ha I remember that prick....He blamed me for him getting a hiding at the Poison Idea punch up ....hated every punkrocker in town

JANER said:
I gotta say I had bouncer trouble a few years back at The Village with one particular nasty guy who also turned out to be the head bouncer and John sorted it out by not using him and eventually not bothering his arse much with The Village.

True story kids.!ironyyy

There was a time in this city when being a punk
meant there was no venue that would let you in for a drink
never mind put on a punk gig!! Like myself , if youre into
punk/metal and heavy sounds in general there's some weeks
where there's 4 or 5 gigs put on between toxic/emerald/ground zero
and others. We were lucky back then if you got that many in a
year (and i'm not exaggerating !). So as imperfect as a the venues
may be , just fucking enjoy them !

Oh yes , and i lived in a shore on a rubbish tip in dunsink and did'nt
grow feet 'til i was 8 and then i had to pass them down to my little
brother when i reached 16 etc , etc , etc................

conchita said:
So why raise it in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back