THE URGES single launch FIRE BURNING/I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE (1 Viewer)

Primitive

Retro Revival Club presents

THE URGES w/ LATE CITY EDITION + RESOUL + COLD 100 & THEM APPLES GUEST DJ: Paula Cullen (September Girls) @ SWEENEYS BAR, DAME ST. DUBLIN. DOOR: 9pm till CLOSE (2.30AM) ADM: €5

http://www.facebook.com/events/329639413759863/

THE URGES
RE: Forthcoming Double A-side single

Fire Burning / I’ve Been Here Before​

After an eventful career The Urges are back and have taken a new direction with their sound. This is evident on their forthcoming double A-Side single. Side A, “Fire Burning”, is a classic rock and roll tune hinged with a soul sounding brass arrangement. Old fans will not be disappointed with this new sound however as “I’ve Been Here Before” still resonates their signature garage and psychedelia. Eager to get away from the gimmicks and pigeon holes stream tastes, as rock and roll is not only fashionable now, but more importantly commercial. The Black Keys are taking the world by storm, and there is no reason why The Urges can’t follow suit.

Selected Biography:
· Psych Ward voted into the Hot Press Top 250 Irish albums of all time.
· Signed to Wicked Cool Records (owned by Steve Van Zandt, member of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band)
· Invited to perform with The Sonics at their first reunion show in New York.
· Psych Ward voted into Cluas.com top 50 Irish Albums of the last decade.
· Debut single “(Around and) Around” charting at No.20 in the Irish Charts (2005)
· Rock and Roll Club in Oslo, Norway named after their debut album “Psych Ward”.

“Amazingly authentic 60s-Nuggets-style Garage Punk reflecting the one tiny ray of hope from the stygian dark hopeless madness of the asylum we like to call the 21st Century.” - Little Steven Van Zandt

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back