The Transfer Window Thread (1 Viewer)

Viera to City on 150k a week?? That's the only reason I started this thread. It's almost too ridiculous to even consider.

Crazy alright. I also read they offered 7m for 34 year old Juan Sebastian Veron but he didn't want to move back to europe. Pretty obvious that Mancini is looking for an experienced head in midfield regardless of the cost. I'm interested to see if Viera has anything else left to offer.

Crazy alright. I also read they offered 7m for 34 year old Juan Sebastian Veron but he didn't want to move back to europe. Pretty obvious that Mancini is looking for an experienced head in midfield regardless of the cost. I'm interested to see if Viera has anything else left to offer.

I imagine that Viera at City will only serve to make Wenger look smart. Even though Cesc schooling him in the CL the season after he left already did that. I love Paddy V. but he's past it unfortunately.

the wages are crazy, but it could be a very smart move. vieira has done it all. after he left arse he won 5 consecutive leagues. he knows what it takes. there are plenty of players that could learn from him.

anyway, all this "where's his legs" talk is based on what? how many times has anyone seen him play in the last 5 years? don't turn into a load of dunphy's, now.

only thing is, with de jong, barry, kompany already fighting it out for that holding role, someone is gonna be pissed off. i'd take them. any of them.

that michael johnson looked good for a whil. i supposed he's extra fucked now. is he dead?

how many times has anyone seen him play in the last 5 years?

Not many times in recent seasons. Not for France when I've seen them play, and not for Inter. And on the occasions that I did see him he was a shadow of the player that he was. Maybe he'll do a job if he just has to sit and let other lads run around in front of him but the 3 lads they have there can do that, ordinarily I'd say that a trio of Barry, De Jong and Ireland/swp looks pretty decent.

I toyed with the idea of it being a smart move based on his experience but it's not. It cant be. Those wages will come back to haunt them.
you underestimate their profligacy. i don't think they care about they money. how many players do they have picking up money for doing nothing? roky santi cuise, for example? at least vieira has won it all. well, nearly all.

Yeah but if he's a flop on 150K a week it's gonna make the players who are playing well on 30K/40k/50K pretty pissed off.

you underestimate their profligacy. i don't think they care about they money. how many players do they have picking up money for doing nothing? roky santi cuise, for example? at least vieira has won it all. well, nearly all.

It's only a six month deal tbf, so if he comes in and offers some leadership, inspiration, if not quite his old dynamism, and kicks them into and Champs League spot, everyone will be laughing.

Hopefully Stephen Ireland will be dropped anyways.

Yeah but if he's a flop on 150K a week it's gonna make the players who are playing well on 30K/40k/50K pretty pissed off.
i think robinho would have precipitated that nightmare scenario already, given he's the worlds highest paid footballer and he only plays in may or august. i doubt de jong or Kompany are on less than 80k a week and barry is on 120?? mancini has worked with vieira before, he knows what he's getting. maybe he sees a future coach.i dunno, but i don't think it's a bad deal at all. the proof will be in the pud, no doubt, even if he doesn't get about as much as he used to, he has the tools to dictate a game. i'd have him over lucas, is what i'm saying.

Most of the main confirmed or close to confirmed moves seem to be loans from MLS. Landycakes probably heading back to Goodison and stories today that Keane is going to villa for a couple of months. Also, this guy...

gun__1325250021_Henry.jpg

The king is back, not sure how great an idea it is though. Arsenal need a more permanent solution to the no decent backup to RVP issue. And Podolski has ruled out a move. 4 full backs out means that we're linked with Kieran bollocksing Richardson, sheesh.

Bolton looking likely to sell Cahill to Chelski for 4 mill less than what a number of clubs offered for him in August, considering how much of a difference he's made to Bolton's league placing that looks like some awful business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back