The Soundshop, Drogheeedah (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I was listening to LMFM the other day and there was an annoying ad, oft-repeated, saying that The Soundshop will match 99% of online prices for equipment. Has anyone tried them recently? Do any other Irish retailers match prices with thomann and the others?

not been there in years. they've moved to a new spot in an industrial estate i think. wouldn't mind checking it out.

this isn't Beat It Music under a new name or anything is it? they're dundalk...i'm guessing not

what are they like these days? not been in a couple of years

ye theyre pretty good for matching any thomann prices these days. a little brand loyal though e.g. PA equipment is mostly LEM and a lot of godin/simon&patrick guitars. much better selection since they moved though, not far off the first m1 exit if anyones down for a look. the website is www.soundshop.ie

Drogheda, dundalk, dungarven they're all the one.

drogheda = the romantic capital of the north east
dundalk = craptown!

still a great track.
EVH & Steve Lukather's guitars sound pretty fresh.
lol?

brian02bike.72.jpg

drogheda is cool - was up there for the first time a few weeks ago. The Highlanes Gallery is really nice

drogheda = the romantic capital of the north east
dundalk = craptown!

There have been a lot of anti Dundalk sentiments knocking about around here and I'd like to put them to bed. Dundalk brought us The Corrs, Stephen Staunton, Maxi (who tried to burn down the FAI) and Director John Moore (Behind Enemy Lines, The Omen, Max Payne etc). We've been laughing at these charracters for quite some time now, they've enriched our lives. Also don't forget the Refused gig in The Sunshine Bar in '98. What's Drogheda got? A load of dull people who think it reasonable to commute 30 miles to Dublin for work and a mainstreet that you can't get a bus down.

Drogheda = shithole

As for BEAT IT, was there about 3 weeks ago. The vintage room is awesome, lots of early 60's fenders, 70's Marshall Heads and some great synths/organs. There were also 2 nice silver face Fander Twin Reverbs and some great deals on second hand drums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back