The Snooker Thread (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

Hey ,
this is the snooker thread .
I dont have a telly so I can't follow it live or even on the late night coverage . I am looking for a pub in Cork city that is showing it so if anyone knows please let me know .Thanks
Who is yer money on? Myself I am a huge Ronnie fan but I have a feeling he wont do it this time around. It's been a while since he went off on one so its due any day now. I think an Asian player winning would do wonders for the sport. I know its huge over there especially in China , but in terms of investment it would be good. Around World Championship time every year there seems to be this snooker is doomed etc etc media coverage and yet millions of people stay up til the wee small hours watching the final.
I think one thing that would help is if more tournaments were televised on terrestrial stations and maybe more of a lively approach to the commentary . I know they tried to make it a bit more "cool" by using Oasis songs as the soundtrack to various player profiles but in fairness lol. Maybe associating themselves more with pool tournaments .Or having televised exhibition matches with trick shots etc. I don't think non snooker fans have any clue as to the level of skill involved in the game maybe this sort of thing would get them interested.

You could try the Capwell on Douglas St, doubt you'll find anywhere though. Best bet is to ask some TV selling shop to put on BBC and sit outside the window all day.

Harder to get interested in it with none of the Irish lads involved (unless you count the nordies). Whatever happened to poor Ken?

Sad Ken has dropped out of the top 16 i think.

That's a shame.. I'll always remember that run a few years back when he made about 5 ridiculous comebacks in a row and then came agonisingly close to doing it again in the final. The snooker world championship used to wreak havok with my college exams/final projects, always on at exactly the right time of the year to be a distraction from hitting the books..

Yeah, to be honest I can't work up much enthusiasm for any of the 8 lads that are left in it.. Bit of interest in seeing who comes out on top in Hendry v Murphy, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back