The Smoking Ban (1 Viewer)

cassette/tape said:
yes, on his head obviously.
i have to freeze outside thanks to his ilk.

If ur looking for trouble you might recognise me around town

TriangleHead.jpg

I love the smoking ban.

Now I am all in favour of the 'farting in public' ban and the 'not having a wash before you go to a gig' ban and the 'education for non deoderant users awareness week'.

aoifed said:
I don't think I could have given up cigarettes without the smoking ban. It's making my long term prospects of staying off them alot better.

I think it's the bravest thing this government have done.

cool, cool

but what if you don't wanna give them up?

I can see how it's good to be encouraged, and it's deffo good for bar staff who don't smoke and don't have a choice to be there or not on a busy night, but the govt. are making stacks from taxes, you can be sure they don't actually want EVERYONE to quit. They're having their fags and smoking them...

Now I'm no Geekonomist, but in the long run* aren't the government going to save bonkers amounts of money on healthcare relative to the amount of people that give up fags?

* in the long run, we are all dead, said a famous Geekonomist, JM Keynes. I have a cocking economics exam tomorrow. Balls.

aoifed said:
Now I'm no Geekonomist, but in the long run* aren't the government going to save bonkers amounts of money on healthcare relative to the amount of people that give up fags?

* in the long run, we are all dead, said a famous Geekonomist, JM Keynes. I have a cocking economics exam tomorrow. Balls.

How much does the govt. spend on Healthcare????

I dunno

But they're making HILARIOUS amounts on tax judging by the price of fags and the amount of smokers...

Then again, I think it's mildly ridiculous for sick ex-smokers to take tob-companies to court. boo-hoo an' all that but in this day and age you gotsta know it's bad for you

aoifed said:
Now I'm no Geekonomist, but in the long run aren't the government going to save bonkers amounts of money on healthcare relative to the amount of people that give up fags?

Nah, that's just what hey want you to think. So it gets them off light. In the future, people are still going to get sick, maybe not from smoking but from some other shit inflicted upon them, like greenhouse gases choking their lungs or some other gick.

They did it to hide their dodgy antics and rip off tactics. It was, as has been said over and over by wags the length and breadth (breath?) of this cuntry of ours, a SMOKESCREEN.

Bunch of pricks.

I don't smoke anymore (before the ban mind), but I hate it because the smell of farts, BO and piss in pubs these days is fecking miserable. It's enough to put you off your overpriced gargle. You'd think that landlords would get someone in to clean their minging carpets. Or better yet, get new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back