The Smoking Ban (1 Viewer)

Goff said:
You'd think that landlords would get someone in to clean their minging carpets. Or better yet, get new ones.

then no one would empathise with their cause :rolleyes:
people would go back to thinking publicans were wealthy again

egg_ said:
Dude, that's bullshit. Members of the government don't actually get to keep the money they raise in taxes, y'know, they spend it on public services

Yes I know that.
When I say making stacks, I mean for the public purse, it's a lazy and kinda unfair socio-economical decision
But if they weren't getting the money from these taxes to spend on public services where would it come from? They need to get public money from somewhere, so they tax drinkers and smokers HEAVILY, it's an easy target, smoking's really unpopular so's anyone who does it.

What do you think would happen if they eradicated smoking completely in this country? They'd be getting a lot less money for the public purse and would need to do a bit of creative thinking...

In saying this I like the smoking ban in practise but I'm dubious of it's motives

Goff said:
They did it to hide their dodgy antics and rip off tactics. It was, as has been said over and over by wags the length and breadth (breath?) of this cuntry of ours, a SMOKESCREEN.

are you saying that the smoking ban was introduced as a smokescreen for an ulterior motive ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back