The Smile - A Light for Attracting Attention (1 Viewer)

Having a few beers watching the Punchestown video on YouTube. Wonder if the Creep cassette is still at the old pairs house

Remember glasses like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And what is Ed pretending he's at at the start of this.

Now im watching a Later... gig from 2001 i recorded the other night. I think Johnny was pressing play on a recording of Wogan at the start of the National Anthem. I'll have to rewind it in a bit.

Remember glasses like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And what is Ed pretending he's at at the start of this.

Always loved that little pause between the last night and the cheers that came after.

Iggy Pop played this track You'll Never Work in Television Again on BBC 6 on Sunday. Before the track was named.

My initial thought was with the dialed down fuzz guitars, and the drums coming in hard and more the stream of consciousness no real pausing of the vocal phrasing was that it sounded like something hugely indebted to Trail of Dead's Madonna - something like Blight Takes All or Mark David Chapman. Then, I recognized something nasal about the vocals, and said, "wait, is that Thom Yorke?"

I'm assuming the rest is more of a mixed bag? If it all sounds like a pastiche of 90s fuzzed up U.S style indie rock...no bad thing.

Read the review of this on Pitchfork Media where supposedly one of the songs goes "Donald Trump very bad guy." Hmmm, anything else wrong with the world, Dr. Obvious? Have you been making late night phone calls to Philip Roth again?

Such liberal political insights don't fill me with much hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back