The Search for the Perfect Pop Song (1 Viewer)

buck's compilations generally feature at least 1 perfect pop song per comp.

kleenex girl wonder you look ravishing tonight
the shins new slang
the smithereens heavenly pop hit
death cab for cutie photobooth
erasure drama

Andy Williams mus have a few contenders...

you can have it all by yo la tengo (anyone ? )

then theres can you feel it by the jacksons...what a video and in no way whatsoever narcissistic.

Hey ya probably wins the best pop song of 2004 award.

Queen Buzzo said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHG what's wrong with you? Half the genius is the delivery. Gawd.

thats not a delivery. its a package thats too long stuffed with great force through life's letterbox. all you get on your doormat is damaged crumpled bleeding goods begging to be rescued from a song where it just doesn't belong.

jeesus. i cant believe i got away with an erasure reference without somebody trying to shove their hand up (down?) my leotard.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i can't believe you think anyone cares enough for you to bother mentioning your own disbelief
good point. it seemed to knock some manner of a response out of you tho. do you want a go of my leotard? you seem like the type.

Donkey OJ said:
the smithereens heavenly pop hit

The Chills, surely?

Right now, the best pop album is Tullycraft's Disenchanted Hearts Unite. It's the perfect summer album. However, in the tradition of all great pop, its reign at the top spot will probably be fleeting and it will soon be replaced in my heart by ... I dunno - when are the Pipettes releasing an album?

Dancing Queen by Abba

Because every time you see girls (and sometimes boys) dancing and miming to it, you know that, deep down, each one believes that she, right then and there, is the dancing queen.

jack nance hair said:
The Chills, surely?

QUOTE]

Definitely The Chills would be up there for me with Heavenly Pop Hit. Not sure if Mayo Thompson produced this one or not. The Bats (from NZ)were also great.

Also

Aztec Camera - Oblivious
Guided By Voices - Glad Girls
Even As We Speak - Nothing Ever Happens
The Shins - Kisssing The Lipless

http://www.twee.net is great to look at for pop stuff

The best pop hit for me this year was provided by a ballroom cd. And it goes to So Suitable by House of Mexico/World Of Pine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back