The Return of Dead Can Dance (1 Viewer)

I saw them a few years ago in The Olympia. Truly one of the most chills-down-the-spine-and-hairs-standing-on-end gigs I've ever been to. There were people actually crying at points through it. And they received one of the loudest, longest standing ovations I've ever seen. Lisa Gerrard is such a presence at the front of the stage, playing that big glockenspiel type thing. And that voice is even more unbelievable when heard in the flesh.

Oh good lord. Where's my brother and his jetlagged credit card? Lisa Gerrard makes me shiver when I hear her. I just can't imagine it live. I can't wait. Jackofficer you've just sealed the deal with that there comment.

Nlgbbblth, do it. Spread the love.

They haven't revealed the full line-up for the tour yet but this is a post from her webmaster on lisagerrard.com from Aug 30th '04:

"The lineup of musicians is absolutely phenomenal, actually it is better then that, this will without doubt be the Dead Can Dance concert to see and hear, it is hard to contain my excitement and anticipation, but sometime in 2005 and no locations set yet. This beats Lisa playing the Theremin (instrument), which was planed for the last unfinished DCD album & tour. This will be a once in a lifetime occasion, no matter when or where I be there 110%, suggest you do the same and don't tell me I did not warn you."

http://www.lisagerrard.com/unfolding/unfolding1.htm

Beautiful website btw. As you'd expect really..

aoifed said:
Oh good lord. Where's my brother and his jetlagged credit card? Lisa Gerrard makes me shiver when I hear her. I just can't imagine it live. I can't wait. Jackofficer you've just sealed the deal with that there comment.

Nlgbbblth, do it. Spread the love.
Have the heard the live album Toward The Within? That'd give you a nice taster of what to expect! It's almost too perfect though, hard to believe it's all live.
A mate of mine supported Brendan Perry at a gig in Cavan a few years ago, and they all ended up back at somebody's house playing bongos and guitars into the wee hours. Can you imagine having Brendan Perry singing you to sleep!

jackofficer said:
I saw them a few years ago in The Olympia. Truly one of the most chills-down-the-spine-and-hairs-standing-on-end gigs I've ever been to. There were people actually crying at points through it. And they received one of the loudest, longest standing ovations I've ever seen. Lisa Gerrard is such a presence at the front of the stage, playing that big glockenspiel type thing. And that voice is even more unbelievable when heard in the flesh.
Best live gig I was every at.

What other band has scaled such heights and plumbed such depths of embarrassing daftness...
they are responsible for some of my favourite moments in music
the olympia gig was pretty memorable
one thing i'll say about them though; never, ever watch the DVD of the live show. The pair of them talking about themselves could drain you of your will to live. worst interviewees ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back