The Ready Steady Cooky Thready (1 Viewer)

roxy

Website
Visit site
Ok, so you the deal is you have to give ingredients and others have to come up with something to do with them. All spices/herbs/condiments are presumed to be available.

I'll go first.

Chicken breast x 2
Sweet potatoes x 2 (I didn't buy these but they really need to be used up)
Some pineapple maybe
Peppers
Natural Yoghurt

??

sif321366.jpg

If anyone's interested, I found a deadly recipe for a sortuva sweet potato and chicken satay dealie.

Serves two hungry people.

1. Chop up two sweet potato into cubes and fry for a couple of mins.

2. Mix two teaspoons of curry powder and the zest of a lemon into about two thirds/three quarters a cup of water. Pour into frying pan with potato and simmer it up for about 10 mins til potato is soft. Make sure all the cubes are getting some lemony curry action.

3. Meanwhile, fry up some chicken bits with onions and whatever else you want (if you're me, red peppers).

4. Grind 2 big handfuls of cashews and/or peanuts in a blender. THrow the powdery crumbs into a dry saucepan and heat on medium heat for a couple of mins. (BE CAREFUL coz the crumbs can start to burn very suddenly, and even if you take it off the heat and keep stirring frantically the heat in the base can continue to burn them. Nightmare.)

5. Throw in a big tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of chili on top of the toasted nutty powder. Add a bit of water if it's too gloopy. Mix it all round so it's a nice spreadable sauce.

6. Throw the satay sauce over the chicken and fry it all up gently to make sure the chicken is coated.

7. Serve the spicy sweet nutty chicken on a bed of lemony curry sweet potato cubes.

SO SO SO yum. I couldn't eat it fast enough.

If i was you i'd run to the shop and get some streaky rashers, wrap them around the chicken, fry for around three minutes (or until the rashers are browned a bit) then bung in the oven for ten minutes at 180 degrees. But that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back