The Non-Animated JPEG Thread (6 Viewers)

2014-10-17.jpg

McCarthy's earlier work is more direct
Isn't this the dude who used to drink massive amounts of ketchup to vomit red as performance art?

Edit: Yes, I think it is... Also NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Art school..where you learn to get naked and play with food

bah

Moar pig fucking automatons I say

womencoding_wide-3d57fa59b8e593dbd7e5fda5fd10bcdacd02fe3c-s4-c85.jpg

Episode 576: When Women Stopped Coding : Planet Money : NPR

Kind of a jaw-dropping story about women in computer science. Any idea that men are just 'naturally' more into computers is utterly thrown out the window.

What's the timeline on that graph? There was maybe 10 women out of 60 students in my class when I started college, but I got a sense that in the years below me when I was in 2nd/3rd/4th year that the numbers were going up.

What's the timeline on that graph? There was maybe 10 women out of 60 students in my class when I started college, but I got a sense that in the years below me when I was in 2nd/3rd/4th year that the numbers were going up.
oh sorry, i didn't realize it was cut off. The graph starts in the 60's and ends in in 2014. The drop happens in 1984.

The story basically says that because home computers were marketed as 'tools', i.e. for boys, more and more girls were pushed out out studying computer science.

It's interesting to bear in mind with all that pathetic gamergate stuff happening right now.

oh sorry, i didn't realize it was cut off. The graph starts in the 60's and ends in in 2014. The drop happens in 1984.

Well I'm not that old, so perhaps the small gains I observed weren't reflective of the overall trend at the time.

Although when I started it was very much a case of guidence councillers shovelling kids in the direction of computer science because it was a "guarateed good job."

The story basically says that because home computers were marketed as 'tools', i.e. for boys, more and more girls were pushed out out studying computer science.

It's interesting to bear in mind with all that pathetic gamergate stuff happening right now.
Who pushed them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back