The new Beach House song is lovely (1 Viewer)

It's not even the female vocals. I just find every song sounds the same. I can't tell them apart and they don't pull me in at all. It could be elevator music. In fact, it makes perfect work music. Downs out office noise but doesn't distract from the task.

It's not even the female vocals. I just find every song sounds the same. I can't tell them apart and they don't pull me in at all. It could be elevator music. In fact, it makes perfect work music. Downs out office noise but doesn't distract from the task.

But this one has a chorus!

Sometimes you can't beat songs that don't distract from the task - music you can ignore but like simultaneously. That said, I think Jack Black referred to that kind of thing as "Sad Bastard Music"....

unlike.
I think Wye Oak do a similar thing far better

Finally got around to listening to that Wye Oak album last night. Really really good. The vocalist reminds me a little bit of Jessie Fortino of Tiny Vipers. Beach House are a cheerier outfit I think, with an older, less rock/shoegaze style. They seem to have more or less run out of ideas though unfortunately.

Wow, apart from being a boy/girl two-piece I wouldn't put these and Wye Oak together at all. Wye Oak can pull it off live a lot better. Beach House probably have better singles.

Haven't heard the new one but love their stuff. All 3 albums are great. I think they're very strong sonically and melodically, so many great hooks. How could you listen to the chorus of, say, 'Norway' and not be sucked in at least a little bit? One of the few chart-friendly bands right now I actually have time for.

unlike.
I think Wye Oak do a similar thing far better

They are very similar alright, even when its Future Islands backing up Jenn Wasner

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On what planet is that better than Twin Peaks ?

Jesus every one of their songs sounds exactly the fucking same.

The last episode of Twin Peaks (Season 2) was dire... so it wouldn't be hard.

All their songs sound the same, only in the same way that all Wedding Present songs sound the same and all Cocteau Twins sound the same and all trad sounds the same and all death metal sounds the same and all jazz sounds the same etc etc. Its a good same if you're into it.

The last episode of Twin Peaks (Season 2) was dire... so it wouldn't be hard.

All their songs sound the same, only in the same way that all Wedding Present songs sound the same and all Cocteau Twins sound the same and all trad sounds the same and all death metal sounds the same and all jazz sounds the same etc etc. Its a good same if you're into it.

You are insane.

Beach House is good if you're stoned and relaxing somewhere warm and outside or working and want to be able to block out office chatter but still not be distracted from your task. One song blends into another without one noticing. I was bored after two songs at one of their gigs. I wasn't stoned and was fucking standing in a packed venue. I think I left by song seven or so.... hard to tell but it felt (what I assume) water tortue would feel like, slow and repetitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back