The nerves. (3 Viewers)

Latex lizzie

..no not a band but a question..some of you guys are in *big* bands that have played to larges crowds etc. do yiz still get the butterflys etc.? I always plank it for some reason..even if its only two people in listening..It's fine once Im playin an all but..the nerves.So interesting ways to combat this pain in the arse?

i only get the willies when there's alot expected of us.
cure: drink, drink, drink...

i stopped getting nervous around the 3rd gig when i realised all the same people go to all the same gigs in dublin. it was the same people every time so it just kinda becamse boring to look at... as opposed to a cause for concern.

I used to get seriously nervous before gigs to the point of throwing up before I went on stage. The puking stopped last year, but I'm still one for getting super tense before a show. I find the longer you have the wait after the doors open the bigger the butterflies. Booze helps, as does being disorganised and keeping busy right up to the point you get on stage but mostly booze. Getting away from the venue for a while is also good if you're really cacking it.

i can never drink anything before i go on, or else i get the stage equivilent of night terrors

its healthy to be a bit nervous tho,

a mate of mine saw belle and sebastian in manchester a few years back and their keyboard players stage terrors were so bad that he had to keep a bucket beside him on stage. which he threw up into between songs

despite the fact that i use a computer i can get terrified. at least if you're in a band if someone makes a slight error it can pass through relatively unnoticed. and, as long as you have electricity you can make some sort of a noise.

with me, if one thing doesn't work, i'm generally pretty screwed. its all or nothing. :)

Dr. Bachs Rescue Remedy, boys
4 drops o' that on your tongue and you'll be right as rain

or several large brandies would work also

um, drummers have the hardest job... one wrong move and the whole place notices... a fumble or a misplaced finger on a frettboard, no one notices. if i used a computer... man i'd just hit play and order a pint.

Originally posted by kirstie
Dr. Bachs Rescue Remedy, boys
4 drops o' that on your tongue and you'll be right as rain

or several large brandies would work also

ah the rescue remedy is deadly. most often i've used it before exams. or when i've just been too hysterical to get myself in order.

also, breathing techniques work to calm you, breath in and out a couple of times, fil your lungs and release slowly. it really helps.

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
um, drummers have the hardest job... one wrong move and the whole place notices... a fumble or a misplaced finger on a frettboard, no one notices. if i used a computer... man i'd just hit play and order a pint.

i can imagine. but often when you hit play it doesn't do anything.
thats when you have to start ordering pints for everyone else

yeah it is, whether it works because of its ingredients or it just acts as as a PLACE-bo I can't say - but if the end result is that it calms you down then it doesn't really matter.

no, just mp3 your entire set before you get there and hit play...

i'm just being bold :)

Originally posted by herv
i can imagine. but often when you hit play it doesn't do anything.
thats when you have to start ordering pints for everyone else

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
..wher can someone obtain such a product..sounds good like?

In the chemist, it's really easy to get. They often have it with herbal or aromatherapy stuff, or just ask - there are other Dr Bachs remedies but the one you want is the Rescue Remedy. It's about 6 quid for a little bottle which will last you ages.

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
no, just mp3 your entire set before you get there and hit play...

i'm just being bold :)

yarr. happy birthday by the way.

lizzie, i think most chemists have it. defo. alternative medicine places anyway.

Originally posted by kirstie
- there are other Dr Bachs remedies but the one you want is the Rescue Remedy. It's about 6 quid for a little bottle which will last you ages.

what do the other ones do? i've seen them but never tried them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back