the music center is crap (8 Viewers)

back of downeys pub,dowth avenue.
blackpits is 70 euro plus rental charges for extras
music CENTER(i cant spell anything janer) is 70
apple rock 65
am i wrong?
as far as i know they have this new mode of transport which moves us rapidly between destinations and is now readily available yo the general
public, i cant remember the name of it though, oh wait its a car mumblin deaf muppet

back of downeys pub,dowth avenue.
blackpits is 70 euro plus rental charges for extras
music CENTER(i cant spell anything janer) is 70
apple rock 65
am i wrong?
as far as i know they have this new mode of transport which moves us rapidly between destinations and is now readily available yo the general
public, i cant remember the name of it though, oh wait its a car mumblin deaf muppet
poor bands dont have cars, its all about the music with them

scientists are currently developing their latest transport invention which promises to make the all advantages of the car available to those who cant afford one and guess what they are calling it?
the bus!!! come on people

poor bands dont have cars, its all about the music with them

You could get from town (o'connnell bridge) to cabra (church) in ten minutes on a bike no bother. That's no excuse for scomper not being polite to possible customers though.

I'd be impressed if you can do this on a bus at six o'clock midweek.

bikin it with guitars and pedals n shit could be quite cucumbersome though. bands that are interested should just move into the local area as to decrease travel time and commutive expenses

im not mean really im not. i just post junk so people will look,
boring posts get no attention,my previous post just stated the facts about the studio and got 20 views.

yeah but i have equipment storage included in d pricey, and if you rent the room for a month it works out way better you can jam into the night and i have a separate control room which is dead handy for recording.

bikin it with guitars and pedals n shit could be quite cucumbersome though. bands that are interested should just move into the local area as to decrease travel time and commutive expenses

During the summer I used to cycle twenty minutes from Killmainham to Templogue with my bass on my back no bother. It's called dedication. ;)

From my experience, the gear in the music centre is dreadful. It can be very difficult to bring your own amp (esp if it's a valve amp) along with your guitar so it's a major problem.

TBMC room size is grand, location is great but if you can't get a decent sound out of the kit/amps, services like scomper's will always be a welcome addition in my opinion.

Scomper, I'd say you genuinely have a good offering there without having to dis the competition in public and exagurrate travel times. It's no secret that TBMC has flaws.

That said, if they get there act together gear-wise, you can only hope to catch those who can't get a room in TBMC.

i learned my advertising skills from ben dunne, are you listening jackie skelly?
why is everybody so keen to jump to the diffence of the music center are yall on the board of directors or somethin?

i learned my advertising skills from ben dunne, are you listening jackie skelly?
why is everybody so keen to jump to the diffence of the music center are yall on the board of directors or somethin?

clive and george mcfly who both post here work for the music centre.

north city rehearsal

still accepting bookings for monthly slots
300 per month for 2 five hour sessions
full backline, equipment storage and parking
located in cabra dublin 7
call 087 2129727

sorry meant to say 2 five hour sesssions per week which
obviously works out at 8 per month for 300 hundred,
which is 75 euro per month if you are in afour piece
which is under a tenner per practice

Hi Scomper, good on ya for trying at least. I hope it works out for ya. The TBMC is in a fab location (apart from there being no parking). It does boast terrible rooms at an exorbitant price IMHO.

My band travel out of Dublin to rehearse. We pay nothing like those rates and we don't have to put up with other snotty nosed kids like us.

My advice to any band rehearsing twice a week is find yourself a lock-up room. Cheap compared to TBMC etc. And you can leave your gear set-up...luvley.:)

thanks divil, i dont have any real beef with the music center except that it is expensive, most of the amplifiers are broken,hi hat clutch? whats that? cymbal stands? "can you not just lay them on the floor like your supposed to":mad:
i think its an irish thing(im irish myswelf before you all kill me) to be complacent about inferior product and just pay anyway,my studio is getting off the ground slowly but surely thanks for the encouragement i also produce and record bands for very reasonable rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back