The Larry Mullen Jr. respect thread (1 Viewer)

7 - No tomorrow

Feisty
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
Hearing drummer stories off my brother-in-law

Playing a showcase gig in the Rock Garden for the Undertones drummer who launched his own label
With him was Larry Mullen, who no one was bothering
We got talking to some Welsh birds after the gig and the one I was after spotted Larry Mullen and nearly flipped
"Do you want to meet him?" says I
"Do you know him personally?" says she
"Yep I do, I'll ask him"
I went over and told him I was sorry for bothering him, that I was trying to pull a bird, could he come over and say hello in 5 mins
5 mins later he walked over...."Howya Joe, loved the gig, looking forward to the next gig, where is it?"
"McGonagles" says I
"See you there so" and walks off

I got the shag

I appreciate that there may be no other entries in this thread

many years ago the sister in law heard that Larry Mullen would be appearing at HMV so she (may have) bunked off school with some friends, raced into town, legged it down to HMV, only to find... Larry Gogan.

I heard a similar story except it was with Bono. But when he comes over to say hello the dude just goes "look Bono not now, I'm kinda busy on a date here as you can see". He wasn't impressed.

I heard a similar story except it was with Bono. But when he comes over to say hello the dude just goes "look Bono not now, I'm kinda busy on a date here as you can see". He wasn't impressed.

My mate, years back, pulled up outside the Clarence in his car and goes to walk in.
Spies Bono outside smoking and walks over with his hand extended as if to shake hands, Bono reciprocates. Right before the hands meet my mate hands him a fiver and asks him to watch the car and then walks into the Clarence.
Bono was reportedly disgusted.

Larry always came across as a decent old skin.
I was watching the Classic Albums feature on the Joshua Tree and Lanois can't say enough nice things about Larry's playing.
I think he's under-rated as a drummer too.

I suspect they're al sound apart from the Bono fella.

He is one annoying cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back