The Jimmy Cake this Saturday (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by sparse
I think the :confused: icon would sum up the majority of europeans reactions, especially the ones that bother to vote.

To quote Terry Wogan: "As long as there's a Eurovision, there will be accordians, and as long as there are accordians, there will be a Eurovision"

Incidentally, it turns out that eircom fucked up on saturday night and not a single telephone vote from ireland was counted. They had to use the good old fashioned backup jury vote instead.

Originally posted by pete
To quote Terry Wogan: "As long as there's a Eurovision, there will be accordians, and as long as there are accordians, there will be a Eurovision"

That accordian guy is nuts, but I was wrong before when I was talking about the best part of Saturday night, the best thing on Saturday night was yer one from the tycho B's Boobies, class!

Best Terry Wogan Quote of the night (well of what I say anyway):

"Look out for the big lump of a woman in a cap"

have to say

in our defense, that although it was a privilege to play with the JC at what has to have been one of their best gigs to date, their set-up did leave very little room for us on stage, such that we were on top of each other and couldn't hear very well. Hence the under par performance. Anyway, hope yis'll still come along on June 12th. And thanks for the boobies compliment... I'll be sure to bring them on the night!

Carol

Re: have to say

Originally posted by Barrel O'Carols
in our defense, that although it was a privilege to play with the JC at what has to have been one of their best gigs to date, their set-up did leave very little room for us on stage, such that we were on top of each other and couldn't hear very well. Hence the under par performance. Anyway, hope yis'll still come along on June 12th. And thanks for the boobies compliment... I'll be sure to bring them on the night!

Carol

It'd be great if ya could;) also the gig on Saturday was great, I didn't notice any under par preforance but then again musicians are never happy with live preformances.

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
I was unable to move on Saturday so I sat in front of the telly while the Eurovision drama played itself out.

I'm down a fiver though cos I stupidly picked the best song (Belgium) instead of the worst (Turkey).

I am pretty pissed off about missing the Jimmy Cake. I hear them t-shirts is going like hot cakes.

Austria were pretty great though. What happened to Mickey Joe? Did a fly fly into his eye at one point?

I though by far the best one was Estonia. Joe Jackson style number with full band called "The 80's are coming back" or something like that. All skinny guys in ties. It was really really good. I want to know who they were so I can buy their album.

Re: have to say

Originally posted by Barrel O'Carols
we were on top of each other and couldn't hear very well. Hence the under par performance.

Carol

? I thought we were deadly.

That was one packed looking venue. Just as well - it was the best set I have ever heard the cake play.

Jeez, that was deadly. Best JC gig ever! Tycho's were great - allthough you're right Carol, you could have done with more room. Ye sounded just as good as ever, only it would have been nice to be able to see everbody (as lovely as your boobies are C, they don't hold my attention for 35 minutes: - 25 tops).
Unfortunately, I wasn't in the best spot to see Jeff's set. I really liked the jist of his new stuff.

My muscles are killing me today from my Glen Miller swing extravaganza at the end of the night. Luckily I didn't do the missus any damage. Looking back she could have easily been thrown over the balcony. :eek:

Thanks to the lovely staff at the Village for permitting such antics - they're not so bad after all.

Agree with the above,

In the midst of what was a deeply shite and depressing weekend, Saturday night was just class. Hadn't seen Jeff Martin live before and was very impressed. Tycho Brahe were great, will be there on the 12th and the Jimmy Cake were bleedin rare as always. And even a 3 minute tune. Jaysus!

Regards,

Pete Reed
Phantom FM

The Jimmy Cake were tasty as hell. Got that ringing of justice in my ear after standing next to a speaker.

Billy Gannon
Mandrake FM

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back