the iRA and the Bank Robbery (2 Viewers)

Looks like the jig is up on this one. They arrested a load of sinn fein heads in Cork with Northern bank notes. Still a funny case though. I hope they've more evidence tomorrow. Thats whats been missing all along.

im sure if we look through irish criminality we'll find loads who vote for, or even 'linked' to FF. PDs, FG etc etc.

Im interested if these people where doing this for SF, the IRA or just themselves and what exactly the links are. Like when was the elected rep an elected rep? Even 5 years ago was a very long time and the terrain has changed. and like, what does 'linked' mean anyway? they vote SF? they hang around with people who vote SF?
Whats the relevance is what I wonder
if they were active members of a SF cumann working for a SF agenda then that would be something alright, but I doubt thats the case

Chocohead said:
I havent really been keeping up with the news

oh for fuck's sake Chocohead
You'd would have kept up with the news if he was murdered by loyalists.

Chocohead said:
obviously if he done that he should be arrested, face the full force of the law and put in jail.

flys in the face of Sinn Fein urging those who know anything about it to confide in a priest or a solicitor

would i have indeed. whats that assumption based on? the same reality that convinces you SF are the devil incarnate bend on robbing banks? man, i dont even know who the fuck you are so i dont think you can *really* tell me what i would or wouldnt have listened to the news.

ever consider that if you tell the ruc information that would put the shinners and provos in the clear that it mightnt just happen to get lost? that wouldnt happen with a solicitor or a priest.

if you dont think that would happen, then go read up on the omagh bombing and how many messages the ruc misplaced that day.

Chocohead said:
im sure if we look through irish criminality we'll find loads who vote for, or even 'linked' to FF. PDs, FG etc etc.

Im interested if these people where doing this for SF, the IRA or just themselves and what exactly the links are. Like when was the elected rep an elected rep? Even 5 years ago was a very long time and the terrain has changed. and like, what does 'linked' mean anyway? they vote SF? they hang around with people who vote SF?

Linked means more than voting for a Sinn Fein.

Besides, as we have secret ballots nobody knows who votes for Sinn Fein or not.

i know many people in omagh who have been classed as 'linked' to sinn fein because they happen to hang out with someone in SF. i cant say the guards are the same, but I'd love to hear exactly how they're linked

Chocohead said:
ever consider that if you tell the ruc information that would put the shinners and provos in the clear that it mightnt just happen to get lost? that wouldnt happen with a solicitor or a priest.

But what if the information was of the type to put the shinners and provos in the shit?

should they go to the police then?

using your logic, and I presume you think the PSNI may be biased towards nationalists, then they should.

Chocohead said:
would i have indeed. whats that assumption based on? the same reality that convinces you SF are the devil incarnate bend on robbing banks?

the assumption is based on:
a) you are a SF sympathiser
b) any news reports that show SF in an unfavourable light will be glossed over or not taken seriously by you whereas
c) any news reports that show loyalists/the police as pricks will be triumphantly seized upon by you as proof that you are right

so based on the above

Chocohead said:
man, i dont even know who the fuck you are so i dont think you can *really* tell me what i would or wouldnt have listened to the news.

I can and I have

Chocohead said:
dude

actually, nlgbbbblth - ive no idea where to start with your faulty assumptions then. should i think the ruc are biased towards nationalists and they should be? what the hell does that mean? If youve evidence that the provos did do it go to a priest because that will stop anyone doing anything?? why bother telling anyone then?

c) any news reports that show loyalists/the police as pricks will be triumphantly seized upon by you as proof that you are right

i do this in my sleep or somethign cus i cant remember going on about how terrible loyalists are in the news round here.

and finally, the amazing, I can and I have. yeah. still tripe though vus certainly as far as knowing what i think/would think, youre talking through your arse

i am sorry for being ignormant nlgbbbblth - but really this 'i know what your kind think like' mentality is fucking crap to say the least. plus - it shows you are totally biased in your outlook before anyone proves anything to anyone

nlgbbbblth said:
But what if the information was of the type to put the shinners and provos in the shit?

should they go to the police then?

using your logic, and I presume you think the PSNI may be biased towards nationalists, then they should.

Chocohead said:
. should i think the ruc are biased towards nationalists and they should be? what the hell does that mean?

"they should" means that they should go to the police

"they" in this case refers to people with information not the ruc

it does not mean that the ruc "should" be biased towards the nationalists

because i dont trust them. i would wonder who to go to alright, so i'd probaly take up the suggestion of the priest or the lawyer - either of whom could report a crime, either through their job in law or as a moral obligation

nlgbbbblth said:
and I presume you think the PSNI may be biased towards nationalists

gwan explain that one to me. if you said 'against' rather than 'towards' you might have a point, but going by that statement you're way way way up the wrong tree, i'd give up on this if i were you till we all actually get shown something conrete rather than varying news reports

Chocohead said:
gwan explain that one to me. if you said 'against' rather than 'towards' you might have a point, but going by that statement you're way way way up the wrong tree, i'd give up on this if i were you till we all actually get shown something conrete rather than varying news reports

yes - against is what I meant
anti-nationalist, whatever you want to call it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back