the iRA and the Bank Robbery (1 Viewer)

cut a long story short. was having a beer with this kiwi guy last night who was asking about 'the north' because he's heading to belfast. I ended up talking to him for about 1.5 hours about it.

......and all he had to say at the end was. "Mate, that's fucking complicated, do you want another beer?".

broken arm said:
cut a long story short. was having a beer with this kiwi guy last night who was asking about 'the north' because he's heading to belfast. I ended up talking to him for about 1.5 hours about it.

......and all he had to say at the end was. "Mate, that's fucking complicated, do you want another beer?".

that's the way to do it!

broken arm said:

Yeah, cause no matter how much you can explain, there's always more questions waiting to be asked!

Northern Ireland and Politics is THE downward spiral of debate, sometimes I think its so exhausting on the noggin and the ears that I wanna be a mute

really really dont want to stir up any shit or anything, but has there been anymore 'proof' about the bank robbery and money laundering since?

I didnt think there would be.

Chocohead said:
really really dont want to stir up any shit or anything, but has there been anymore 'proof' about the bank robbery and money laundering since?

Yeah funny that, how absolutely fuck all has been said about this in 2 months or so, how strange.

i had a dream last night that the government made a statement saying that they were wrong about the IRA committing the robbery and I woke up just as they were about to say who they were now accusing............

seriously

I had a huge drunken argument with a good friend of mine in the pub last Friday night about more or less this exact topic. It went along much of the same lines as this thread, except with extra cursing, slurring, finger-pointing, etc. In the end neither of us convinced the other, it just got progressively more nasty, and we left on really really bad terms.

We then apologised to each other by text the next day. I still think he's full of shit on this one though.

Chocohead said:

And there is no proof as to who did the Dublin and Monaghan bombings. What is your opinion on that?

spiritualtramp said:
And there is no proof as to who did the Dublin and Monaghan bombings. What is your opinion on that?

so you are comparing the theft of some cash to the slaughter of innocent people by a Loyalist murder gang in collusion with the British state ? nice.

Comparing the two is rediculous, on one hand you have a foreign government aiding loyalists to bomb innocent people, on the other you have Hugh Orde pinning the blame with absolute certainty on the IRA, regardless of the fact that there was a complete lack of evidence. In both instances it is the British playing politics with smoke and mirrors to distort what the truth actually is.

It is a disgrace that nobody has been charged with Dublin and Monaghan, but the Dublin government certainly weren`t exactly trying to get this to happen (then or now) and the British government refused point blank to have anything to do with the Barron enquiry. So I fail to see what your comparison was suppossed to achieve or express ? The British government as well as the boyos in Leinster House behaved in a reprehensible manner in both instances, but that is not news, so what was your point ? Oh right, I get it, two unsolved crimes, and because people think the Brits colluded to bring about Dublin and Monaghan and people think (mind you only folks like yourself who accept the falsehoods of McDowell, Orde et al) or more correctly were lead to the conclusion that the IRA did the Belfast job, the two unsolved crimes are comparable. right. yeah.

three months ago you were voiciferous in your condemnation of the IRA BANK JOB, if the best you can do now is make some facile comparison in response to a legitimate question posed by chocohead, it kind of speaks volumes.

Problematic said:
so you are comparing the theft of some cash to the slaughter of innocent people by a Loyalist murder gang in collusion with the British state ? nice.

Actually there is a comparison to be made.

The IRA robbery is intended to fund IRA activities (and, of course, Sinn Fein's current manifestation as a "democratic" political party).

IRA activities include terrorism, murder of innocent civilians, murder of Irish and British security forces, community control, drug dealing, smuggling and blackmail.

rothko said:
The IRA robbery is intended to fund IRA activities

fair play, you've obviously uncovered some kind of proof that this is the case. Be a good boy now and get on the blower to Mr McDowell, you'll make his day.

rothko said:
Actually there is a comparison to be made.

The IRA robbery is intended to fund IRA activities (and, of course, Sinn Fein's current manifestation as a "democratic" political party).

IRA activities include terrorism, murder of innocent civilians, murder of Irish and British security forces, community control, drug dealing, smuggling and blackmail.

hmm. lets look at some facts:

1) Did the IRA do the robbery? If you think so, how do you work that out. bDogs in street etc isnt an answer. To date there has been no evidence. they even stopped the money laundering investigations as too many rich FF'ers were getting caught with dodgy money

2) Where do you get your info on Sinn Fein? They opened their books to the powers that be in the past year and claims such as yours were found to be completely false.

3)
a) "IRA activities include terrorism, murder of innocent civilians," - the same can be said for the RUC, British Army etc etc so whats your point?

b) "murder of Irish and British security forces" - British maybe (and doh! what do you expect?), but Irish? Gerry McCabe was one, who's the rest?

c) "community control, drug dealing, smuggling and blackmail." - Lack of a proper police force would give them community control but what are you talking about drug dealing? Any educated polical commentator will tell you the IRA has never had anything to do with drug dealing. Smuggling goes on in border areas and the people involved arent all in the IRA - its what happens when you make fake borders and force people to live there. you;ll find its human nature to make cash by smuggling. thats not a republican thingy. finally blackmail? explain that and dont mention the sisters as its a bit suspect if there was blackmail coming from republicans on that front.

"I always thought they robbed the money to help orphans myself." - Lizzy why do you bother posting such stupid statements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back