The Happening (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 48
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3

tim

I feel somewhat bad about starting a thread for this.....film.....but it has confused me quite a bit.

I don't understand how somebody could make something that shit. How somebody could endorse Mark Wahlberg and the entire cast to act that poorly. How the entire film could be so badly executed in every imaginable way.

There are moments where you think they must be taking the piss but the style it's trying to convey is completely contradictory to that.

What was he trying to do? What is happening?

P.S. "Mrs Jones, let me explain, I'm a teacher".

I've had a hard time over the last few weeks trying to comprehend this one, and then trying to articulate that slight comprehension into words.

When you look at how wonderful, skillful and masterful Unbreakable is, and then watch this...

It hurts my brain. The acting, casting, set-pieces, editing, dialogue...it's just SO. FUCKING. BAD.

Case in point: The characters run for their lives from...yes...a breeze...

Someone told me the actors signed on before there was a script. I'm hoping it's true but I never bothered to look. I must say, there was one scene that had me laughing out loud, so much so, I made the person watching it with me rewind at least 20 times. Nearly in tears laughing. That whole movie is worth the 45 seconds of pure comedy gold.

Oh no.
What oh no?
The toxins?

Sheer brilliance.

i'm convinced the actors were purposely acting in that really weird way.

Did ya hear about the honey bees?

I'm inclined to think they did sign on before the script (because of the director's success) and then saw how awful it was. Probably acted so poorly on purpose in hopes it might become a cult classic?

I was literally agape watching this travesty.
Can't believe it got made.

Apparently 'M Night' repeatedly told Wahlberg during the shooting that this film was going to completely change his career and how he was perceived.
Just to make sure he was ready for how this film was going to change the world.
What a looper.

Question: And do you guys have any thoughts about the spiritual aspects of the film?

WAHLBERG: I think Night cast me because of my strong faith, but then we’d do a take and he’d be like, “That was great, what were you thinking about?” and I was like, “Jesus!”, and he’s like, “Oh, we gotta do it again.”

SHYAMALAN: Literally, literally!

WAHLBERG: I don’t understand that at all. I said, “it’s not going to change, it’s going to be Jesus every time!” I think he cast me because of my faith. If somebody asked me why Elliot survived, I’d say because he had so much faith and hope.

yeah, my friends were hyping it like crazy regarding how ridiculous it is. And it is terrible and you do laugh AT the film but it really cannot be endorsed whatsoever.

Outrageously funny film.
I think I'm the only person in the world who didn't think The Lady In The Water wasn't shit.

six sense - good
unbreakable - shit
signs - mostly good. crap ending
the village - so so
lady in the water - pants
the happening - haven't seen it

is that everything he's done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back