• Watchers 3
six sense - good
unbreakable - shit
signs - mostly good. crap ending
the village - so so
lady in the water - pants
the happening - haven't seen it

is that everything he's done?

Think he has something before sixth sense, might not be a studio movie though.

He seems like such a mentalist. I can't remember the exact details but I know the movie studio he made films for let him go when he proposed Lady in The Water, they wouldn't let him do it.

And Yes, The Happening is supposed to be serious.

And on a side note Zooey Deschannel looks less attractive in it, or possibly just less attractive on larger screens.

The Happening is gas. Forgot what film it was until somebody mentioned Zooey Deschanel there.
Hilariously bad.
"Oh no!"
"What oh no?"
"The...the.. the toxins?"

He seems like such a mentalist. I can't remember the exact details but I know the movie studio he made films for let him go when he proposed Lady in The Water, they wouldn't let him do it.
That's not the case. He was offered the full budget, final cut, full advertising/promotional budget but because the studio had some concerns about the script he walked. They weren't going to force him to change anything but because they questioned his vision, he took it elsewhere.

That's not the case. He was offered the full budget, final cut, full advertising/promotional budget but because the studio had some concerns about the script he walked. They weren't going to force him to change anything but because they questioned his vision, he took it elsewhere.

This is true. I did mention I was vague about it.

Well he is super fucked now unless he does something amazing for not a lot of money. Not that he has ever done anything amazing before.

Imagine his face if you could tell him when he was a struggling film maker; "in 10 years you'll be offered 50 million to make a film, you'll get final cut and another 50 million to market it, but you'll turn it down because the studio wanted to discuss the script!"

watching lady in the water at the moment.

ughmazing.

shymalan seems to be obsessed with mundane scenes that have little or no relevance to the story but there for the sake of being there.
oh noez. the grunts are coming.
oh and the main guy has a stutter but can speak normally when the lady in the water is around.

jeepers creepers.
there's no way anyone involved in the happening could've been taking it seriously.

hilariously shit.

if only that were true. Was trying to find a roundtable interview with them all shiting on about it and they are all taking it pretty serious. Can't seem to find it anyway unfortunately, nor is it worth reading really.

I must say, there was one scene that had me laughing out loud, so much so, I made the person watching it with me rewind at least 20 times. Nearly in tears laughing. That whole movie is worth the 45 seconds of pure comedy gold.
mrs jones: I hear you whispering, planning to steal something are you? Planning to murder me in my sleep.

mark wahlberg school of acting: WAAAT. NOOOO.

(that bit was rewinded many times):p

mrs jones: I hear you whispering, planning to steal something are you? Planning to murder me in my sleep.

mark wahlberg school of acting: WAAAT. NOOOO.

(that bit was rewinded many times):p

Yeah he is very strange in it. It's not like he hasn't shown a hell of a lot of times before that he is a deadly actor. Everybody acts mad weird in it though.

He has this "(huff) oh my god, stop" kind of look half the time.

I've always thought that he's a good director but seems like an appalling cunt

In a May 31, 2008, interview with the London Independent, Shyamalan offered this answer to the question about his "one-trick" movies: "Q: A common misperception of me is ... A:That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective."[58]

If he found a good script and just directed it then that would be perfect but I can't see that happening as his ego seems to need to write, direct, edit, advertise etc etc and brand his stupid fucking name over everything

Think he has something before sixth sense, might not be a studio movie though.

He wrote Stuart Little !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back