the great demo debate (1 Viewer)

Yera, make a .rar of yer demo, ep whatever on a decent bitrate mp3, upload it to divshare or whatever so I can put it on me ipod here at work and release it on 7" 10" cd or whatever floats yer boat and Ill buy a copy off yis next time yer playing a gig I go to. Sound .|..|

Yera, make a .rar of yer demo, ep whatever on a decent bitrate mp3, upload it to divshare or whatever so I can put it on me ipod here at work and release it on 7" 10" cd or whatever floats yer boat and Ill buy a copy off yis next time yer playing a gig I go to. Sound .|..|

The way of the future my friend. Way of the future.

So what does demo mean in the punk scene?

In the "want to be next aslan" scene it was/is usually a studio recording where not alot of time has been spent on getting the right sound, just an impression of the songs and the band's sound. They usually sound like they're recorded down a well but that won't matter when the band gets signed to SonyBMGWarnerEMI because they'll fly the band to Abbey Road or Los Angeles and spend $100,000s on recording the album.

A demo is basically a very economical way of releasing your own material to share with others, either through exchange for other bands demos or to sell at gigs for as little as possible. The quality of the recordings can vary among bands resources and access to recording equipment. That's about as general a definition as I can come up with anyway. It completely bipasses anything to do with a record company or the 'music industry'. It's kind of like a non-profit homemade release.

-----BREAKING NEWS------TAPES NO LONGER PUNK------NOT PUNK ALERT: CRIMSON--------BREAKING NEWS----------TAPES NO LONGER PUNK-------

djaptem_cassettes.jpg

A demo is basically a very economical way of releasing your own material to share with others, either through exchange for other bands demos or to sell at gigs for as little as possible. The quality of the recordings can vary among bands resources and access to recording equipment. That's about as general a definition as I can come up with anyway. It completely bipasses anything to do with a record company or the 'music industry'. It's kind of like a non-profit homemade release.

perfectly put sir

Spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back