The Ghost of Christmas Past (1 Viewer)

Ah the Switzers santa was great, and their window displays were the best thing ever. A real christmas highlight. Brown Thomas can get fucked.

Another thing that's not the same any more is the whole grotto & queueing thing. Used to be a lot more effort put in to give kids something to look at while waiting.

We went to see Santa in Arnotts yesterday morning and the man himself is great (well obviously, like - it's Santa Claus), but the queue goes through the furniture department...

We went to see Santa in Arnotts yesterday morning and the man himself is great (well obviously, like - it's Santa Claus), but the queue goes through the furniture department...

masterful marketing by the good people of Arnotts. What a pack of clowns. You'd think that they might think it a good idea to route it though their toy department. At least that way the kids might start hounding their parents for whatever toy might catch their eye. I don't think a teak coffee table will have the same effect somehow.

I think this stuff is still around today, but it was a staple of at least 1 month of my childhood before I got fed up with it because it was pretty shite;

subbuteo.jpg

not a toy but we got this one christmas

4119147364.jpg

I see ads on the telly for it again. I can't describe how excited I was when this arrived in our house, but the drinks were absolute muck out of them.

my granny got one as she had about 40 grandkids, my grandad used to drink the concentrate straight. hillarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back