The Ghost of Christmas Past (2 Viewers)

Tomy Turnin Turbo Dashboard

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The lego based presents I got were all great, but this was the best....
b77c57df5e22b8436f3e3e991f5885e7e088544f_m.jpg

Followed by this...
Screen+shot+2010-12-17+at+2.45.41+PM.png

I didn't like spaceships or action dolls as a kid.

DOUBLE SNAP!

Oooh..I just remembered! RACE N CHASE!!!!QWALITY.

user-image-1222167226.jpg

anyone else have an obsession with these?

DSC_7855.png

the Russell Spinner

I would'nt call it an obsession,but my Mam brought me to the in store demonstration in Tommys Wonderland Of Value in Northside and I emerged clutching one that much I know.I never got past walking the dog..I think the brother sussed the cradle but its all a distant haze now...

Oooh..I just remembered! RACE N CHASE!!!!QWALITY.

user-image-1222167226.jpg

Never got TCR but did get Race and Chase - Christmas 1981.

It was the stuff that dreams were made of.

Til my Ma stood on the cop car and wrecked it.

I apparently shouldn't have left it out where it could be stepped on.

I would'nt call it an obsession,but my Mam brought me to the in store demonstration in Tommys Wonderland Of Value in Northside and I emerged clutching one that much I know.I never got past walking the dog..I think the brother sussed the cradle but its all a distant haze now...

my first ever lesson in money matters was Russell Spinner related. I was about 11 and the cool kid in the class decided he'd hang around with me cos I had the newest, shiniest Russell Spinner that day. But he didn't like the string on it. I needed to get 'professional' string, which cost 12p in the newsagents. I told him I didn't have 12p so he said he'd loan it to me. And he did. I went to the newsagents after school to get a 'professional' string (seriously, thats what I asked for) but yer one looked at me like I'd 2 heads. They hadn't any but, rather than be on my merry way and return the 12p to the cool kid, I bought sweets. When I got home my mother asked me where I'd gotten the sweets and I told her. She gave out shite to me for borrowing money, gave me the 12p to give to the cool kid the next day, and told me never to borrow money again. Which I more or less haven't, other than the double fist up the hole of a mortgage Ulster bank gave me a few years ago (but I'm having the last laugh now, me and my tracker, etc, etc)....

but yea, the Russell Spinner. I was in love with these things for about a week. Couldn't do a trick to save my life. Could barely get the poxy thing to go down and back up again, so I bow to your walking the dog greatness.

Never got TCR but did get Race and Chase - Christmas 1981.

same here. took me years to realise the cop car could never catch the getaway if they were on different tracks.

I had a feeling it was Arnotts too. Switzers would have been a little high-brow for the likes of me, though I do think I was brought to see santa there the once (they must have had a pauper section). Between the window display in Switzers and the Lego display in Arnotts, the present-day incarnations could certainly learn a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back