THE FALL are back - |Tripod on 29th April, plus new album on Domino (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
Post punk masters THE FALL are set to play TRIPOD on Thursday 29th April.

The Mancunian veterans have been one of the British music scene’s most influential bands for over three decades, and were famously John Peel’s favourite group.

Their musical prolificacy is as impressive as their frequent line-up changes, with 27 studio albums under their belt to date. The 28th is slated for release in April through Domino.
**Tickets on sale now**

POD presents
THE FALL

Thursday April 29th
Tripod – Harcourt St – Dublin 2.
Doors – 7:30pm

Tickets €22.50/28.50 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster, City Discs, Road Records and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie
www.myspace.com/fallthe

"The Fall -- always different, always the same," according to John Peel. The Fall was his favourite band. Formed in early 1977, they’ve released around 50 singles, 27 studio albums, and well over 50 live and compilation albums (although it seems like more). In August 2004 they recorded their 24th and sadly final John Peel Session.

The band has gone through numerous personnel changes over the years (there have been well over 30 different line-ups so far), and at present consists of New Musical Express Godlike Genius Award for Services to Music winner Mark E. Smith, his wife, Elenor Smith, Dave Spurr, Pete Greenway, and Keiron Melling. The Fall have signed with UK-based independent record label Domino Records. A new studio album - provisionally titled Our Future - Your Clutter - is due to be released by the label in Spring 2010.

Although i like The Fall a lot the only time saw them was at Electric Picnic a few years back and that was nothing special.

The last few times I seen them they were great.They had a few rough gigs in the '90's that I cant really remember now.

was a very disappointing gig alright due to sound problems, but they are usually very good live especially over the last couple of years
Mark E Smith is responsible for half those sound problems - keeps fucking around with everyone's amps!

They had a few rough gigs in the '90's that I cant really remember now.

Sure who remembers anything from the 1990's?! I'm not a huge fan but I've seen them a couple of times - sometimes great - sometimes not so great - but even when not so great it's still an experience.

Great album alright!

I'm hoping on doing a wee nixer onn monday.If I do...I'm there!

If not...boohoo.

last fall gig in tripod was amazing. only gig Ive seen in last five years that was better was ted nugent in vicar street

You were at the Nuge?!

I'd say that was kless alright.

Last fall show was fucking epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back