The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (1 Viewer)

Yeah. It's been a complete let down. There was a lot of build up to the game here in Berlin and a party atmosphere around the city for most of the day. And then the heavens opened and the game turned out to be completely flat. A bit of a shame.

Yeah. It's been a complete let down. There was a lot of build up to the game here in Berlin and a party atmosphere around the city for most of the day. And then the heavens opened and the game turned out to be completely flat. A bit of a shame.
Neither side are half what they were last season. The CL final was the best I've ever watched. This is like the league games last season. Overly cagey, no one wants to lose rather than wants to win. Reminds me of some of those Turgid games between United and Arsenal in the mid 00's when they just wanted to kick each other.

Penalties will be interesting. Lots of pressure on Bayern. BVB fans will love them no matter what. Hope Lewandowski scores the winner.

I'd say Tom Hanks wishes pirates would come and kidnap him asap.

Exactly. Both teams look like they are coming down from the highs of the last few years. Dortmund's season has been pretty mediocre and Bayern have just collapsed in the space of 2 months. They both look like a bit lacking in confidence.

Exactly. Both teams look like they are coming down from the highs of the last few years. Dortmund's season has been pretty mediocre and Bayern have just collapsed in the space of 2 months. They both look like a bit lacking in confidence.
In Dortmund's case it's down to the tiny squad ravaged by injuries and watching their best players fuck off to Bayern.

Bollox. Fuck it anyway.

A comical attempt to save it alright.

Well, at least we get 10 minutes of end to end excitement.

A moment of madness. Looked like he got caught in 2 minds between diving on it or kicking it.

Would have preferred Dortmund to win. Bayern can be insufferably arrogant. Dortmund are at least more humble.

To be fair 3-4-2 could work for them if they go with

Boateng Martinez Dante
Lahm Schwienstiger Kroos Alaba
Robben Lewandowski Ribery

To be fair Boateng and Dante aren't good enough but Martinez looked as good as De Rossi did at centre half in the Euros. Or John Stones has for us ;) (Heh heh heh)

Fuck it anyway. Lets look back at a victory for football.

_74930521_7487cd19-a182-4ad5-abf8-9af36809ce2b.jpg

Fucking yes!!!!!

Delighted for Atletico! Down at half time they could have resigned themselves to being the tragic figure of Spanish football that everyone expects them to be. But no. They fought back and got what they deserved. Fair play to them.

I recorded the Spanish decider, was very entertaining, if that prick from ITV hadn't spoiled the result I'd have been on the edge of my seat for the last 15.

Delighted for Atletico, when they only got the point against Malaga I had a real sinking feeling that they'd lose today, and next week, and then this team would break up in the summer having not realised their potential. At least now they have this. Don't imagine many were optimistic when Costa and Turan went off (what a player Arda is, top beard too), any word on their injuries, or to Benzema/Ronaldo, who I heard also went off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back