The eccentrics/weirdos of Dublin city hall of fame thread (2 Viewers)

2. The middle-aged man who approaches people on Thomas Street as though he was looking for directions and then asks, very quietly and politely, for money for a hostel.

3. Also, the lady who hangs around the city centre and says "Please, I'm very hungeerrreee"

6. The oldish eccentric woman that wears really wierd brightly clashing clothes, but you know she thinks she looks great 'cos shes got a proud grin on that lipstick smeared face. May be the same as no. 4.

Phibsboro is crawling with eccentrics. Somedays you can make out Nick Nolte's face in the sky over head. Only in Phibsboro, mind.

Anyone ever encountered the dictionary bum. This guy is a class act. Only the one time, summer of last year. Drinking coffee outside some place on a Sunday evening, this guy approaches with one suave and rather large book. He tells us he has money in his pocket for two magnums for the both of us ( me and the person I was there with). All we have to do is pick a letter from the alphabet, he then picks a word beginning with that letter. If we guess the correct meaning of the word, he gives us the cash for the ice-cream. However, if we don't get it, he would appreciate any change as 'he's trying to scrape together some money for a large bottle of vodka'.

Anyway we went with J - he calls out 'Jack Ketch'. He's even dropping hints. We know he's an historic character, but that's about it. After about fifteen seconds we just give up. Turns out he's an infamous hangman (the original, maybe).

Anyone ever encountered that guy?

that guy Janer who posts on thumped :rolleyes:

we used to get some total weirdos passing though the Arcade. one guy called Lighter Man who always used to come in and ask us to take the lighters out of the cabinet. - smell of booze off his breath would sedate a 1000 man army.

and Bad Fake Tan Dyed hair Lady who, if i attempt to describe, may just make my brain explode.

Phibsboro is crawling with eccentrics. Somedays you can make out Nick Nolte's face in the sky over head. Only in Phibsboro, mind.

Anyone ever encountered the dictionary bum. This guy is a class act. Only the one time, summer of last year. Drinking coffee outside some place on a Sunday evening, this guy approaches with one suave and rather large book. He tells us he has money in his pocket for two magnums for the both of us ( me and the person I was there with). All we have to do is pick a letter from the alphabet, he then picks a word beginning with that letter. If we guess the correct meaning of the word, he gives us the cash for the ice-cream. However, if we don't get it, he would appreciate any change as 'he's trying to scrape together some money for a large bottle of vodka'.

Anyway we went with J - he calls out 'Jack Ketch'. He's even dropping hints. We know he's an historic character, but that's about it. After about fifteen seconds we just give up. Turns out he's an infamous hangman (the original, maybe).

At least he provides a little entertainment, he's like a grown-up trick or treater: better than those living statue pricks!

At least he provides a little entertainment, he's like a grown-up trick or treater: better than those living statue pricks!

We had a living statue in our school. He just stood there, hands by his sides, for forty minutes every lunchtime. I think he swayed slightly in the wind.

is the dancing woman still going that used to stand where the spire is now?

also that woman (maybe her sister) whos in her 40's at least who walks around with a black mini skirt hitched up her arse and a really tight blouse.
that guy with the tricycle is always round my area.
we drove past him on the way to electric picnic.

the little auld fella, bald, bit santa beard and wire hite hair, rubbery nose. always wears this black outsized suit, with a very loose tie, and oversized shoes.
saw him yesterday carrying a load of logs held together with string on the dart

then there's scabby head. the bald auld guy who has does a french curl on the little bit of a fringe he has, but his head is festering with....brown stuff. i always get sick when i see him

Theres a guy called Bill who squats in a house in dalky and cycles into town every day to get food. Really white hair and beard. looks kinda like a scruffy santa.

He's a really gently well spoken man. total eccentric just droped out of society. Doesnt even get a social welfare payment.

quote=mr pharmacist;619669]is the dancing woman still going that used to stand where the spire is now?[/quote]

Ah Mad Mary - how could I forget her! She's like the patron saint of oddballs. A woman I did my plc course with knows her family. She said they drove her into town every Saturday morning and then picked her up again at the end of the day. I saw her there at the start of the Summer.

also that woman (maybe her sister) whos in her 40's at least who walks around with a black mini skirt hitched up her arse and a really tight blouse.?

If you're talking about the one I think you are, I'm told earns her crust working in a rather old profession. She flashed her tits at me once. It nearly put me off them for life.

this game confuses me. how are proper names in a dictionary? also, over here, 'magnums' are either big fuck off bottles of wine or a brand of condom....i read the story and said to myself, i says, i says "he's offering to buy them both a huge bottle of wine when he can't buy hisself a large bottle of vodka?"....you call ice cream cones magnums over there?

weeeeeeeeeeeird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back