THE DIRTBOMBS (US-In The Red), Dec 1st (4 Viewers)

FOREVERpresents

FOREVER proudly presents

THE DIRTBOMBS
plus special guests
Dec. 1st, 2008
Whelans, Dublin
Doors: 8pm
Tickets: €17.50 inc booking fee
Available from : www.tickets.ie and www.ticketmaster.ie (from Sept 10th). also from Road Records, Sound Cellar, City Discs, Plugd (Cork)

Soulful rock 'n' roll....

The Dirtbombs are a rock n' roll band based in metro Detroit, Michigan, notable for blending diverse influences such as garage rock, punk rock and soul while featuring a dual bass guitar, dual drum and guitar lineup. The Dirtbombs were formed by Mick Collins (of the influential garage punk band The Gories) as a side project and started recording songs by 1995.

In the ten-plus years since their conception, the Dirtbombs have been comprised of a host of Detroit rock musicians both in the studio and on the road. As of September 2007 the band’s 17th and longest-lasting lineup (developed around June 2004) consists of Collins on guitar, Troy Gregory (formerly of Flotsam and Jetsam, Prong, and lead singer of The Witches and Troy Gregory & The Stepsisters) on bass, Ko Melina (formerly of Ko & The Knockouts) on a distorted “fuzz” bass, and Ben Blackwell (owner of record label Cass Records) and Pat Pantano (formerly of the Come Ons) on the drum sets. Noted producer Jim Diamond played bass from 1997 until 2004 and during that time Diamond also recorded and co-produced the Dirtbombs output with Mick Collins at his Ghetto Recorders studio in Detroit. For a brief time in 2002, the band featured back-up singers Deanne Iovan (also formerly of the Come Ons) and future bass player Ko, in addition to five musicians.

Full discography at www.thedirtbombs.net or www.myspace.com/thedirtbombs

possibly my favourite band...

already made a few trips to see them but it will be good to finally see them over here - missed them in dublin castle

I designed posters for the Dublin and Galway gigs. On the request of the band I had them silkscreened in the US. They will be for sale on the night. I figured that we never get any good exclusive merch from touring bands here in Ireland so I went ahead and designed some and got the official go-ahead from the band.

Edition of 50. Numbered & Signed.

Available on the night in Dublin -

foucaultversion1-1.jpg

Available in Galway
dirtgalversion1-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back