the departure: whelans this friday. (1 Viewer)

rampz

for those of you who havent heard this band i recommend you shell out a tenner and go. theyre deadly. kind of 80s retro sound but better than most of the competitors and not at all influenced by gang of 4. support band is the editors, also deadly.

ooh nearly time. this is gonna be deadly!

ramps said:
for those of you who havent heard this band i recommend you shell out a tenner and go. theyre deadly. kind of 80s retro sound but better than most of the competitors and not at all influenced by gang of 4. support band is the editors, also deadly.

just carnt help meself. the prospect of a double header of decent indie musc with tunes excites me.

kirstie said:
fucking fan boy.

yeah, you love heads don't you.
ramps said:
just carnt help meself. the prospect of a double header of decent indie musc with tunes excites me.

this gig last night was incredible. nuff said.

ramps said:
this gig last night was incredible. nuff said.

?!!!??

The Departure were rubbish! Absolutely by-the-numbers "post-punk" tuneless dirges. Shit singing, boring guitar playing. If you're going to do this style of music, especially when its so tiresomely overdone at the moment, you really need to have some melodies and interesting songs. Like Interpol.

each to their own mate. i loved em.

coast to coast said:
?!!!??

The Departure were rubbish! Absolutely by-the-numbers "post-punk" tuneless dirges. Shit singing, boring guitar playing. If you're going to do this style of music, especially when its so tiresomely overdone at the moment, you really need to have some melodies and interesting songs. Like Interpol.

I told people to avoid this like the plague. Saw them in Cardiff support a proper band.

Poor mans Franz Ferdibland. All the songs sound the same too.

Horses for courses

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back