The Deadly Serious Tampon Thread -- No Jokes Please, We're Women (1 Viewer)

has anybody else gave themself sore gee syndrome when they took(ripped) out their mooncup drunk? owww:eek:

(hey remember months/years ago i posted saying i couldn't get it in? much has changed. much! thanx thumped)

Funniest cunt ever.

haha, deadly. its rather unfortunate the way extreme feminism is actually in some cases undoing good work done: the point should always have been about achieving equality, to bridge the gap of unfair advantage. the rather more militant strains of feminism seem to be trying to widen the gap, by imposing and overstating difference via self-rightiousness. the thousands of years of criminal oppression are being used as a wedge. it's like using the energy of anger for bitterness and violence rather than using it as a motivating force to improve things in a reasoned way for positivity.

anyhow.

regarding the mooncup, it has many advantages in that it is economical, enviromentally friendlier, reusable and can be healthier in regard to sensitivity and self-lubrication. many (but not all) also find it more comfortable. the only disavantages i can think of are for the very squeamish, but really what may be considered "messy" is absolutely nothing to be disgusted or ashamed by (rather the opposite i would say! :) ).

and i've said it before, and i'll say it again: vitamin b6 and magnesium suppliments are your friends!

haha, deadly. its rather unfortunate the way extreme feminism is actually in some cases undoing good work done: the point should always have been about achieving equality, to bridge the gap of unfair advantage. the rather more militant strains of feminism seem to be trying to widen the gap, by imposing and overstating difference via self-rightiousness. the thousands of years of criminal oppression are being used as a wedge. it's like using the energy of anger for bitterness and violence rather than using it as a motivating force to improve things in a reasoned way for positivity.

anyhow.

regarding the mooncup, it has many advantages in that it is economical, enviromentally friendlier, reusable and can be healthier in regard to sensitivity and self-lubrication. many (but not all) also find it more comfortable. the only disavantages i can think of are for the very squeamish, but really what may be considered "messy" is absolutely nothing to be disgusted or ashamed by (rather the opposite i would say! :) ).

and i've said it before, and i'll say it again: vitamin b6 and magnesium suppliments are your friends!

You seem to have a lot of knowledge of this area, is there something you wanna share with us?

So next time yizzers think I'm bad, just remember, CUNT is another word for where you came from.

"St. Quidlicks" is another word from where i came from....

ahhh...nevermind....just......nevermind....

off for birthday drinks with men who have fucking senses of humour, ya bunch of sour, hatchet-faced old maids.

totally kidding!!!!
:)

I think you're the only guy I've EVER met who is that knowledgable about this subject(s)...respect!

anyhow.

But more seriously, yes, that's the way of most extremists, whether they are politically 'right on' or just complete lunatics, but the ones whom I find most disappointing are those who claim to stand for equality and social justice, and are so busy with the fight that they lose all senses of perspective. They're so busy looking for the holes in everyone else's argument, so busy trying to trip everyone else up so they look more 'right on' that it just turns into bullying. And bullying is never going to achieve social justice or equality in any form. Sometimes being passionate about something makes you angry, and that can be really healthy, and sometimes -- and I say this with trepidation, because I know I get really pissed off sometimes, and I'm sure I've nosedived into some pretty alienating arguments sometimes -- it's ill-advised, and a mistake to get so pissed off, and hopefully you can take your ill-judged anger and learn from it.

But not these really extreme types. They think equality is just a new set of rules, and to most people, there's no point in this new world order if it's just another set of rules to learn. For most people, they aren't actually aware of the things that constrain them, so why would they want to learn a whole new set when at least they are familiar with the old ones?

The problem is that I do respect that woman's views, insofar as I respect her autonomy, and the fact that she was concerned with the whole 'reclaim the cunt' thing, and I get it, and I don't have an interest in it myself, but hey, there are as many kinds of feminism as there are feminists, so whatever. But You Must Be At Least This Radical To Deserve Respect, was clearly her schtick. In fact, I tried to understand where she was coming from, but she was too busy yelling at us for me to even begin to talk to her. She wasn't interested in talking to me, just to the fella, so she could yell at him. And I did also say something to the effect of, perhaps she would be more effective if she talked to other women rather than for us. And I wonder how it is that someone who claims to fight for social equality, who cannot possibly even speak to another woman whose political beliefs are not actually that far from her own, can really envision a fairer society.

In any case, the sucker she yelled at is the guy that told me he didn't care if I died of altitude sickness as long as I didn't get in the way of his schedule. He was so fucking hellbent on saving the world that he never learned how to live in it with his fellow humans. Just like warmongering neocons, he soothed himself with statistics that kept him a comfortable distance from actual emotional relationships. And that's the core of it, I think: a lot of people who get involved in these really extreme factions of anything, no matter where they are on the political spectrum, are actually so tied up with stats and numbers and abstractions and theories that it soothes their consciences about the consequences of not acknowledging other people's autonomy (to the extent that it actually exists), rights, or value in the world.

we have two options here. Option one involves openly discussing the details of the mooncup and speculating as to its merits and demerits. Option two involves posting a link like so www.mooncup.co.uk

Which will it be, girls?

Just checking the site out now...fascinating, I knew the basics but it's all rather interesting. So how many of ye use it, eh?

the ones whom I find most disappointing are those who claim to stand for equality and social justice, and are so busy with the fight that they lose all senses of perspective. Sometimes being passionate about something makes you angry, and that can be really healthy, and sometimes -- and I say this with trepidation, because I know I get really pissed off sometimes, and I'm sure I've nosedived into some pretty alienating arguments sometimes -- it's ill-advised, and a mistake to get so pissed off, and hopefully you can take your ill-judged anger and learn from it.

But not these really extreme types. They think equality is just a new set of rules, and to most people, there's no point in this new world order if it's just another set of rules to learn.

And that's the core of it, I think: a lot of people who get involved in these really extreme factions of anything, no matter where they are on the political spectrum, are actually so tied up with stats and numbers and abstractions and theories that it soothes their consciences about the consequences of not acknowledging other people's autonomy (to the extent that it actually exists), rights, or value in the world.

nail, head, hit.

i have never said anyone "needs a good ride".

Yeah Roxy.
In fact the only time I heard him talking about you, he was saying there was nothing wrong with you. "Nothing that a hard cock wouldn't cure." if I remember rightly.

Can we talk about climaxes now?

But more seriously, yes, that's the way of most extremists, whether they are politically 'right on' or just complete lunatics, but the ones whom I find most disappointing are those who claim to stand for equality and social justice, and are so busy with the fight that they lose all senses of perspective. They're so busy looking for the holes in everyone else's argument, so busy trying to trip everyone else up so they look more 'right on' that it just turns into bullying. And bullying is never going to achieve social justice or equality in any form. Sometimes being passionate about something makes you angry, and that can be really healthy, and sometimes -- and I say this with trepidation, because I know I get really pissed off sometimes, and I'm sure I've nosedived into some pretty alienating arguments sometimes -- it's ill-advised, and a mistake to get so pissed off, and hopefully you can take your ill-judged anger and learn from it.

But not these really extreme types. They think equality is just a new set of rules, and to most people, there's no point in this new world order if it's just another set of rules to learn. For most people, they aren't actually aware of the things that constrain them, so why would they want to learn a whole new set when at least they are familiar with the old ones?

The problem is that I do respect that woman's views, insofar as I respect her autonomy, and the fact that she was concerned with the whole 'reclaim the cunt' thing, and I get it, and I don't have an interest in it myself, but hey, there are as many kinds of feminism as there are feminists, so whatever. But You Must Be At Least This Radical To Deserve Respect, was clearly her schtick. In fact, I tried to understand where she was coming from, but she was too busy yelling at us for me to even begin to talk to her. She wasn't interested in talking to me, just to the fella, so she could yell at him. And I did also say something to the effect of, perhaps she would be more effective if she talked to other women rather than for us. And I wonder how it is that someone who claims to fight for social equality, who cannot possibly even speak to another woman whose political beliefs are not actually that far from her own, can really envision a fairer society.

In any case, the sucker she yelled at is the guy that told me he didn't care if I died of altitude sickness as long as I didn't get in the way of his schedule. He was so fucking hellbent on saving the world that he never learned how to live in it with his fellow humans. Just like warmongering neocons, he soothed himself with statistics that kept him a comfortable distance from actual emotional relationships. And that's the core of it, I think: a lot of people who get involved in these really extreme factions of anything, no matter where they are on the political spectrum, are actually so tied up with stats and numbers and abstractions and theories that it soothes their consciences about the consequences of not acknowledging other people's autonomy (to the extent that it actually exists), rights, or value in the world.
totally

Yeah me too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back