The Day The Earth Stood Still (3 Viewers)

Panic in Year Zero

Great film - Milland is really god in it. I have a copy of itknocking about if u are interested. Invasion USA (not the Chuck one) and This is not a Test are both similar (not quite as good) but are worth watching.

There's also a decent Brit one called No blade of Grass..

I actually liked the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still - granted i was a bit pissed but i liked the over the top biblical refferences and Gort being made up of Nano technology (well Nano technology tha you could see when it suited the scene)...

Will Smiths kid needed to die in the first mins though..

Ray Milland is one of my Favourite actors.Especially in Roger Cormans The Man with X-Ray Eyes.

And he's great in The Lost Weekend.

This wasn't quite as bad as I expected.

Loads of annoying stuff in it though.

surely the kid will die now, after nanobots devoured his insides to the point of his nose bleeding? and his mother too? or does klaatu save them all by crucifiction or what? {youtube} they all dead. haha. you can't save them {/youtube}

I'm off to mcdonalds.

Saw this the other day.
Starts out well, the first third or so of the film is pretty good, after that it degenerates into shite though.
Fortunately, Gort is FUCKING AMAZING and way better than the original Gort who was also Fucking Amazing.
Also that oul Chinese lad who's in every film where they need an oul Chinese lad was a nice amusing touch. If you're me.
Apart from that, shite.
Why do Hollywood always have to put annoying fucking kids in films?
THEY MOSTLY RUIN FILMS AND FUCK THEM UP BIG-TIME, MOSTLY.
Anyway my advice, just watch the original, total classic, best B-Movie ever made!

Also that oul Chinese lad who's in every film where they need an oul Chinese lad was a nice amusing touch. If you're me.
Apart from that, shite.
Why do Hollywood always have to put annoying fucking kids in films?
THEY MOSTLY RUIN FILMS AND FUCK THEM UP BIG-TIME, MOSTLY.

Yeah mad crazy props to James Hong. Also is most excellent as a chinese guy..

To be fair the original had a lot with the kid too.

The new Gort was great until he turned into...couldn't be arsed doing spoiler tags, but you know what I mean.

Old Gort (One Capital letter, the rest sentemnce case, cos it's his fucking name) was much better.

Saw this last night. Pretty dull to be honest. Lots of product placement though!!!!

this was woeful. a bloated cgi-fest containing the least convincing arctic scene i've ever seen. bad acting, terrible script, zero suspense and a crappy ending. i noted cgi snow, cgi rain, cgi sand, cgi choppers, cgi smoke and cgi insects, all of which could have been easily rendered without taking the lazy route. enough already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back