The Day The Earth Stood Still (1 Viewer)

It was shit. what was a brilliant SF B-Movie about the dangers of atomic energy has become a washed-out pointless Z-movie with a weak environmental message and some heavy religious overtones. And Keanu was dire.

Jennifer was a bit thin alright, but at least they're still there. And I still would.

I was looking forward to this one and I was let down. I'm never wasting money in a cinema again.

Oh, the humanity!

It was shit. what was a brilliant SF B-Movie about the dangers of atomic energy has become a washed-out pointless Z-movie with a weak environmental message and some heavy religious overtones. And Keanu was dire.

Jennifer was a bit thin alright, but at least they're still there. And I still would.

I was looking forward to this one and I was let down. I'm never wasting money in a cinema again.

Oh, the humanity!

I was stuck in front of two morons who couldn't follow the story (??!!?) and had to ask each other what was going on. I mean really.

The Luddite final solution was a bit iffy.
Did he change the laws of physics or something?
Like how can he end electricity and mechanics etc?
And why didn't he just do that in the first fecking place?
So no more movies?
No more Bach unless you have your own orchestra?
Balls to that.

I was stuck in front of two morons who couldn't follow the story (??!!?) and had to ask each other what was going on. I mean really.

The Luddite final solution was a bit iffy.
Did he change the laws of physics or something?
Like how can he end electricity and mechanics etc?
And why didn't he just do that in the first fecking place?
So no more movies?
No more Bach unless you have your own orchestra?
Balls to that.

No more movies in the cinema. That's gas. Two gobshites asking each other the story and niether having a clue. In fairness to them, it was all over the shop.

The original is doing the rounds on torrent sites and rapidshare. I'd advise people to watch that first.

In reference to your spoiler question: the original answers that. And doesn't seem related to the new one at all. I just didn't see the point. I mean, WHY? What was the reason?

And I really didn't like the UFO.

Klaatu Barada Nikto was the first alien language phrase i ever learned

I'll go to this but I'm not expecting much after reading Goffs review

::clef::Michael Rennie was there the day the earth stood still and he told us where we stand::clef::

I loved the original.
I also liked This Island Earth, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, The Day The Earth Caught Fire, Day Of The Triffids, War Of The Worlds, and several others of that vintage.

I'd love to see Panic In Year Zero. Anyone ever seen it?

Remakes of decent films can fuck right off.

Anyone ever see Flying Saucer Rock n Roll with Ardal O'Hanlon in it? I saw it years ago and can't remember much about it.

World_Flesh_Devil_1959.jpg

This ain't bad neither. Now where did that Apocalyptic film thread go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back