"The Chalets - Check In" reviewed on PopMatters. (2 Viewers)

I apologise for ever comparing the Chalets to Carter USM. I unreservedly take back all inference I ever made that this fine Irish band bore any of the trademarks or sound of the buzzcut Londoners. I now realise how foolish of me it was to say such things, and on behalf of the management and staff at Latchley Industries I wish to apologise profusely and extend the hand of treble brandies all round.

It's a sad fact that fun bands don't get taken seriously. By reviewers and by most "music people". Same as comedy films/actors - I saw a review of "Bewitched" in Empire that said Nicole Kidman was shit in it because she's "too good" an actress. What bollocks

Just because it's funny doesn't mean it's a joke

It's a sad fact that fun bands don't get taken seriously. By reviewers and by most "music people".

Just because it's funny doesn't mean it's a joke

I agree.

I just think that when it comes to 'fun' bands the chalets don't rate that high, I think there are better fun bands out there. The chalets lyrics especially get to me, they're not much fun, just bitchiness and put-downs.

Don't wanna be in their gang, their gang, their gang.

Best fun band ever: Go Kart Mozart

[FONT=helvetica, arial] Some silicone sister with her manager's mister told me I got what it takes
She said I'll turn you on sonny, to something strong if you play that song with the funky break,
And go-cart Mozart was checkin' out the weather chart to see if it was safe to go outside
And little Early-Pearly came in by her curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride,
Oh, some hazard from Harvard was skunked on beer playin' backyard bombardier
Yes and Scotland Yard was trying hard, they sent a dude with a calling card,
he said, do what you like, but don't do it here
Well I jumped up, turnedaround, spit in the air, fell on the ground
Asked him which was the way back home
He said take a right at the light, keep goin' straight until night, and then boy, you're on your own.

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back