The 'Bands I don't Get' thread (6 Viewers)

singers/bands that clearly aren't crap (because lots of people like them) but who I clearly don't get because I don't like them.
- John Grant

For the record, he was AMAZING the other night. Let me know how the acoustic thing was, if you went/go. I have to say, John Grant dancing puts a huge smile on my face. Also, so does this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shack. They seem like a band that might be popular here. I've been trying to get into them over the last couple of days but I find myself turning them off after a few tunes.

Daft Punk and Radiohead as above.
Killing Joke.
The Toy Dolls.
Blur.
Pumpkins post-Adore.
Henry Rollins.
All drone bands.
Hooligan.
Santana.
Most rap. Snoop Doop a Loop. Wtf has this guy done to deserve so much attention??

Likewise..in fact..I don't blame dregin not getting any of them acts..but the Toy Dolls?

I thought they were truly meh-proof.

Lana Del Ray.

The fakest fake that ever faked. How anyone could feel any emotion beyond "i see what you're doing there and i'm not impressed at how contrived it is" when listening to her is beyond me.

Lana Del Ray.

The fakest fake that ever faked. How anyone could feel any emotion beyond "i see what you're doing there and i'm not impressed at how contrived it is" when listening to her is beyond me.
shes trying her damndest to be really 'indie'. You should waste half an hour of your life by watching that terrible movie she made last year. Its terrible but at least it will allow you to say its terrible, having watched it, as opposed to saying its terrible, despite never having seen it.

Stereolab have one good song. I think they were just lucky they came out at a time when you couldn't just listen to Neu! or Can, or whatever 80s synth music that had been lost in time, via Youtube instead. Or French singing. Once you could access lots of girls singing in French, with much better songs and music, Laetitia Sadier lost her appeal.

This was deadly though. And a No Disco classic

you do have to get through a lot of crud to get to the good stuff but its often worth it. Try this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back