tesco tiger bread (1 Viewer)

MARYJANE

what is this? why is it so cheap? what do they put on the crust? i feel like i'm hooked. is it msg? they always have it out on the shelf warm and freshly baked, i feel like they're up to something. whats the catch?

yes, its great stuff:

Tiger bread is made with sesame oil and with a pattern baked into the top made by painting rice paste onto the surface prior to baking. The paste dries and cracks during the baking process, creating a two-colour effect similar to a tiger; hence the name. The rice paste crust also gives the bread a distinctive flavour. It has a crusty exterior, but is soft inside, making it difficult to slice. Typically, Tiger bread is made as a white bread bloomer loaf or bread roll, but the technique can be applied to any shape of loaf

yes, its grrrreat stuff:

tony-the-tiger-frosties.jpg

Had to join in here. I was thinking the exact same thing. It tastes too good to be true. The only real catch I've noticed is how incredibly flaky the crust is. You'll find bits of it everywhere.
The other cool thing about it is that its called tiger bread 'cos its coloured like a tiger. What's not to like? Edit* just saw Ann Post go into more extensive detail about that above!

Tis damn tastey stuff alright! Had a sneaky suspicion the crust has cheese in it. Glad to hear that's not the case.

I've known about this for at least 2 years, I am obviously better than you all

Yeah its true , I remember makin pringle sambos with theese ages a-feckin-go.
Anyone ever tempted to buy two and put your feet inside them?

I think its utterly vile. they put it at the door in tesco so the spicy arse smell slaps you right across the face as you enter. any bread that big for a euro is not right....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back