Terminator Vs Terminator 2 (1 Viewer)

ElderLemon

Website
Visit site
Terminator 2 is a vastly superior movie to the original Terminator according to Tony Clayton-Lea in todays Irish Times. In other words, Tony Clayton-Lea's taste is up his hole.

Vastly more expensive perhaps; Vastly more boring, definitely...

ElderLemon said:
Terminator 2 is a vastly superior movie to the original Terminator according to Tony Clayton-Lea in todays Irish Times. In other words, Tony Clayton-Lea's taste is up his hole.

Vastly more expensive perhaps; Vastly more boring, definitely...
Your wrong Tony Clayton-Lea is totally right and a god to boot!

ya rim

sparse said:
Your wrong Tony Clayton-Lea is totally right and a god to boot!

ya rim

How can you compare T1 and T2? Okay, T2 isn't a bad movie, it's actually a pretty good BDHB (Big Dumb Hollywood BlockBuster) but compared to the original Terminator, it hasn't a hope... Okay, this is partly due to the fact that one of the (many) delights of the original Terminator was the very effective scenario-building of the first half-hour which for obvious reasons couldn't T2 couldn't replicate. Anyway, both are far better than the distinctly pedestrian T3....

As for TCL, his taste may be up his hole, but not as far as the taste of whichever colleague of his in the IT reviewed the Yeah Yeah Yeah's gig last year and said that it was great. That man (whoever he is) is a MUPPET. I drove sixty fucking miles to see a plastic performance by a plastic arty punk band, with a carefully rehearsed 'wild' stage act (no matter how much your one threw herself around her hair never fell out of place - she must be using that Vo5 permanent hold thingy) and a severe dearth of coherent tunes. In contrast, the support act, a Dublin band called Female Hercules were excellent. Good simple Garagey pop punk tunes and not a whiff of pretension or staginess about them. Did MUPPET even mention them in his review? Ha Ha. I think MUPPET is actually Kevin Courtney, as he shortly afterwards divested himself of the opinion that The Datsuns' "Harmonic Generator" was a Psychobilly song - just goes to show what happens when you combine Tone Deafness with Cultural illiteracy....

What does Ya Rim mean anyway? Is it some form of Yiddish greeting or Dublin invective?

ElderLemon said:
How can you compare T1 and T2?

As for TCL, his taste may be up his hole, but not as far as the taste of whichever colleague of his in the IT reviewed the Yeah Yeah Yeah's gig last year and said that it was great. That man (whoever he is) is a MUPPET. I drove sixty fucking miles to see a plastic performance by a plastic arty punk band, with a carefully rehearsed 'wild' stage act (no matter how much your one threw herself around her hair never fell out of place - she must be using that Vo5 permanent hold thingy) I think MUPPET is actually Kevin Courtney

What does Ya Rim mean anyway? Is it some form of Yiddish greeting or Dublin invective?

linda hamilton is pretty hot in T2. purr. she was married to james cameron (prick) but they divorced and he wouldn't cast her in T3 so thats what held it up for years apparently. i may be wrong tho.
(T2 loses out to T1 due to the lack of a sex scene!!)

kevin courtney is indeed a muppet. he's in that "madchester" tribute band Hacienda That. which means his opinion is invalid.

people in covers bands cannot have opinions on music. well they can, but they're wrong. :D

karen o looks kinda hot now and again - were they tragic live - cartoon fauxpunk posers?

and rimming is ass licking, for the record. :eek:

spectraljanitor said:
linda hamilton is pretty hot in T2. purr. she was married to james cameron (prick) but they divorced and he wouldn't cast her in T3 so thats what held it up for years apparently. i may be wrong tho.
(T2 loses out to T1 due to the lack of a sex scene!!):

Well if you're looking at it in that level at least in T2 LH had got rid of the big hair and buffed up a bit.

spectraljanitor said:
karen o looks kinda hot now and again - were they tragic live - cartoon fauxpunk posers?

Nothing wrong with good cartoon punk - check Ramones, the Sultans - but the 'wild' stage act seemed so rehearsed it actually seemed cynical. The simpler songs were okay, but most of their songs seemed to have fuckall structure and were just a confused mess of feedback and constantly changing drumbeats. That said, Your one is a good frontwoman - she needs a good band.

spectraljanitor said:
and rimming is ass licking, for the record. :eek

Oh... we don't have that class of thing in rural Ireland, y'see...

ElderLemon said:
Are you trying to groom me? My mammy warned me about giving my address out to strangers on the internet....

its ok, i live outside the pale!
just giomme yr credit card details instead!! ;)
T3 has disappeared from the omniplex here in galway to be replaced by "Intermission" (which has gotten terrible reviews from everyone i know). And "Goldfish Memory" is there too but i only wanna see that cause inknow someone in it. "Confidence" is ok, slick and hollow. why don't they make films 'like they used to'??
:confused:

egg_ said:
Go see Pirates of the Carribean. They don't make em like that anymore

Well... ahem... they do in that they just have.

Yeah... but definitely go see the Pirates of the Currybean. It shivered my timbers!

Anthony said:
yea what's the story with Galway? Centre of culture and all that bollox. They knocked down the old cinema.

yeah, to adapt the australian joke: there's more culture in a pot of yoghurt.. :p

shower of c*nts kocked down the claddagh palace a few years ago...wankstain town planning. :mad:

galways underrated if anything - look at all the great bands that have come from our thriving music scene....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back