Tell me why... (1 Viewer)

I'm in a band, and I can tell you that it doesn't pay to be going steady in this game. Am I right? Am I right?
Course I am! The stories I could tell you if I had a few minutes between rides.

In my situation it's the opposite, most of my mates are my age, late twenties, and are still young, free and single. me and my other half are the only two coupled up.And most of them bemoan their single status daily which is quite surprising to me.

Make new friends? although that is hard enough to do too the older you get I find.

I know what you mean about not wanting to always hang out with their other half. Just because someone is your friend doesnt mean you have to like their other half.

I think when a group of friends starts coupling it can get a bit weird.Like eventually everyones rode everyone else and then at the end of the night you go home and its just you and reruns of David Dickenson on uk gold.

spent all of my twenties with a girlfriend.
all my friends were single and going out all the time
now i'm single with no intentions of ending up otherwise and they're all pretty much settled down and shit. barely see most of them anymore. kinda bizarre.

Being half of a couple doesn't stop me going out and doing stuff, with or without the youngfella. I can understand things changing radically when your friends start popping sprogs, but until then it should be business as usual.

I've never let not liking a friend's other half/ a friend's other half not liking me get in the way of a friendship either.

I've never let not liking a friend's other half/ a friend's other half not liking me get in the way of a friendship either.

Lolo, you're a better person than most of the pricks here

It's not that it would get in the way of a friendship so much as being forced to spend with someone you don't like is hard for anyone. I choose to spend time with my friends seperately if this happens. I know other people who give friends a hard time about going out with someone because they dont like the other half. I don't think thats fair either.

Benifers and Brangelinas all over the shop! I'm a celebrity GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!

Ah I dunno, piles of me mates are single and heaps of them are in relationships...doesnt stop everyone going out on mad ones and getting drunk!! Maybe its the age of your mates rather than their relationship status??

relationships aren't official these days until they've been facebook approved. ____________ is no longer listed as single. ___________ is now in a relationship with ___________.

dont know if age is always a part of this, most of my friend are early 20s and its lik pulling teeth trying to get them out (with or without their other half), im the only one with a sprog too so they dont have that excuse. its getting really annoying by now as its starting to be me and the same friend out most of the time, might start to get a bit wierd after a while.

There is a couple at my workplace that do everything together. Live, come to work, work, eat lunch, and go home together. I think I'd kill someone if I spent that much time with them everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back