tell me about comics (1 Viewer)

Still got those? Or did the shop take em back?
Aye. You can it have them when we're driving up to this football thing. I'll give you 30 Days of Night too (they're vampires like, but they're kind of zombie-like vampires, not the poofy gothic type, i.e. the ones I like better).

You can't have my Goon comics though. I :heart: The Goon

j'a know what else is great lads? Bone* Fecking lovely stuff. It's the only comic I know that almost matches the charm of Calvin and Hobbes. But I've probably said this already though, earlier in the thread....

*No double entendres!!

250px-Boneonevoled.jpg

Yeah- I've just got the first volume of Bone- brilliant stuff.

The entire run is available in a big phone-book sized 1300 page volume- must keep an eye out.

http://www.boneville.com/bone/bone-history/#image
Yeah, for 60 yos! I suppose it's worth it but so 'spensive. And you'd know the spine would get all wrecked from it being so big and heavy. Still, I was tempted when they had it in the local nerd shop.

Edit: Ohh, that link has comic book guy feud gossip! With Dave Sim (who, as a girl, I naturally suspect is a prick, even though I quite like a lot of Cerebus)!

I've heard about the weird slant David Sim went on towards the end of Cerebus.. haven't read the later ones though.

You're right about the size of that Bone book. I bought the huge collected Locas/Love and Rockets and it's just too difficult to read- great book and all but its just not practical.

In other news heres a tiny preview of my strip that'll be appearing in the Dredd megazine in a month or two..

"Whaaaaaat?"

sphinx-preview.jpg

yeah- it'll probably be September. I'll post on here when it's out.

because I'm shameless

collectedzomweb.jpg

Best zombie series I've read in a long time.

It pisses me off when you see a comic with amazing Zombie artwork on the cover and then when you look inside its nothing but a big fucking bland let down (like your ma wha?).
Dont know if anyones mentioned it yet but Escape of the Living Dead & Dead Eyes Open are pretty feckin good. Oh and of course Shaun of the dead in comic form :)

Katie- theres a new Tank Girl out now..in case you didnt know

Haven't got it yet but from what Ive seen it looks great|!

Link
Link

TankGirl03a_Page_2.jpg

Cheers Johnny :)
I picked it up a few weeks back and I have to admit I was dissapointed with it. I have a ton of the old deadlines & all the Tankgirl series so when I heard about this I couldnt wait to get me hands on it. I guess I just cant get into seeing tank girl with a big prada type bag sittin in a coffee shop with her friends who all look identical to her. Alan Martin should never have done another comic under the name of TankGirl without Jamie Hewlett in my opinion. Now if it had of been named something else & had no kangeroos in it....then knowing me I would've liked it. It would've had an almost Ghost world feel to it.

Im gonna go now and give it another read to see if I was just being a snooty little shite. Also seeming that Rufus is working on it and I am indeed a fan of his work in 2000AD....I might just have to take my head out of my gee and stop being an aul one about it.
Sorry for le rant :D

I just read over Rufus's blogs and it says that Tank Girl 2 wont just be Ashley wood doing all the art and such. So maybe the next issue will turn me around.

tank girl with a big prada type bag sittin in a coffee shop with her friends

gasp! spltter!

oh dear, I haven't read it yet myself-waiting for the book..

that sounds pretty bad

I like the ashley wood style , but a prada bag? a coffee shop?

what about the dirty bra and the promiscuous sex with kangaroos?

she's changed man

I DEMAND more kangaroo sex!

You should never judge a book by its cover but COME ON! look at that! tis fucked.

grenades - good

suit- hmmmm

must be a ruse

she's up to something!

Incidentally, my bro owns the original painting of this, by Brett Ewins

very nice

200px-Deadline_No_1.gif

There's a cover you can trust

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back