tell me about comics (1 Viewer)

Speaking of comics- the comic strip I'm working on should be appearing in an upcoming Judge Dredd Megazine

which is nice

Actually? Or is this a "funny joke"? I bought the Megazine every issue for about 3 years...ah, back in the day, when I had the shittest paper round ever just to buy comics and save up for a Super Nintendo cos my parents said it was a waste of money and wouldn't get me one...

gonna lose punk points and comic book points here but am I the only one who was crazy into those little small COMMANDO comics back in the 80's, still have a truckload in the attic of my parents house, must get em out again soon.

I had a weird love of army related shit like EAGLE magazine too.

and the BEANO, about 1500 of those bastids still in my parents attic.
WHIZZER and CHIPS too.|..|

sutherland_bashstreet.jpg

Actually? Or is this a "funny joke"?

As if i would try and crack a "funny joke"! The very idea!

Me and the writer pitched an idea for the small press feature thats currently running in the Megazine and "Tharg" said yes

So now all I'v got to do is draw it to a suitable standard

It's a non-paying thing but it's cool to be a step closer to my childhood dream of drawing for 2000ad!

Yeah, Commando & Eagle were legend!! Also WARLORD!!! I've got a Commando annual with a deadly story about the SS being Vempires, ha, legend!!

Whizzer & Chips, Buster, Garfield...they were Nooly's buzz. But I read 'em too. I was more of a 2000AD man. My mental aunty gave me loads of religious comics about Jesus one Christmas too, I still fuckin read them when I'd read all the others too many times, then eventually tippexed over the speech-bubbles and changed the dialogue to be all about willys and bumming.

As if i would try and crack a "funny joke"! The very idea!

Me and the writer pitched an idea for the small press feature thats currently running in the Megazine and "Tharg" said yes

So now all I'v got to do is draw it to a suitable standard

It's a non-paying thing but it's cool to be a step closer to my childhood dream of drawing for 2000ad!

FUCKING AMAZING!! If you ever have anyting to do with a Future Shock I'll have your babies. Oh Jonny, please tell me it's a Future Shock! Here, if & when it's published, let us know for sure!

My mental aunty gave me loads of religious comics about Jesus one Christmas too, I still fuckin read them when I'd read all the others too many times, then eventually tippexed over the speech-bubbles and changed the dialogue to be all about willy's and bumming.
you did that to my beano annuals too......
"cooee! i fancy a GOOD BUMMING!" "cor! check out my BIG WILLY!"

gonna lose punk points and comic book points here but am I the only one who was crazy into those little small COMMANDO comics back in the 80's, .|..|

there were two hardback bumper sized reissues of Commando at xmas

which my girlfriend was sound enough to buy me :)

1844423077.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

184442121X.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thats one of the best things about 2000AD is that they do involve new people. A lot of the future shocks etc nowadays are sent in by relative unknowns. So get typing! on another note, Commando fans should hit up the second hand section of Chapters. Its commando heaven.

My mental aunty gave me loads of religious comics about Jesus one Christmas too, I still fuckin read them when I'd read all the others too many times, then eventually tippexed over the speech-bubbles and changed the dialogue to be all about willys and bumming."

i have a pile of creepy Chick religious comics

so much hatred disguised as love

horrible

but very, very funny too!

A good way to get noticed in the comics world is to get invovled with the small press- there are a few Irish ones but Ive done stuff for these guys and some others too

http://www.futurequake.co.uk/fq/index.php

It's not a Future Shock-unfortunately- its a strip we've developed and have had some episodes published in FutureQuake- you can download them form the site

Still along, long way from being a professional comic artist but its good crack and sure what else would I be doing with my time

Lobo was great in the 90s when written by Alan Grant and drawn by Simon Bisley-really violent and funny. I haven't read recent ones though, still good?

Lobo was cool, Simon Bisley is the biggest legend in the world, fucking AMAZING art. I can't believe I forgot to mention Slaine in regards to amazing comics. I saw a photo of Bisley a few years ago; if it really was him, then he's a huge musclebound Calie-for-nay-ay type rocker dude -coooool!!

Lobo was cool, Simon Bisley is the biggest legend in the world, fucking AMAZING art. I can't believe I forgot to mention Slaine in regards to amazing comics. I saw a photo of Bisley a few years ago; if it really was him, then he's a huge musclebound Calie-for-nay-ay type rocker dude -coooool!!

hes English but yes, a metaller through and through- theres a clip somewhere of him playing drums in his band

I love his stuff- and Im glad the trend for artists to rip him off, badly, has passed

Check out his Bible artwork- amazing

1932413154.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back