tell me about comics (2 Viewers)

needtokill

Website
www.thumped.com
..I'm looking in your direction Phil & Andy

currently digging both The Walking Dead and 30 Days of Night, looking for similar stuff (ie dark creepy stuff, horror/zombie/gore related stuff, that kinda thing)..any reccomendations? Are there any Irish comics along these lines I neeed to check out?

Preacher is fantastic.

Also Hellblazer is amazing, it's the one they totally fucked up in that dumb Constantine film.

ANYTHING by Alan Moore is amazing, specifically From Hell, Watchmen and V For Vendetta.

Obviously the Sin City series and anything Frank Miller.

The original comic series of The Mask is excellent, a million times better than the film or cartoon, much more gorey, dark, black humoured.

The Crow by James O'Barr is pretty much unequalled on that side of things.

I love Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis but a lot of people find it kind of dumb...which it is...but it's good too...

If you like soppier shit (and I know you do), then Strangers In Paradise is amazing.

If you like the Japanese style the obvious one is Akira...

Also, the Sanctuary series by Ryoichi Ikegami (I think that's how it's spelt) is the most amazing series I've ever read, ever.

Appleseed by Masamune Shiro is really really good, on the dystopic future side of things.

Don't get the Clive Barker or Hellraiser ones, all of them I've read are SHITE. Don't get the ones written by Danzig either, they're fuckin AWFUL. Funnily enough, the main beasty protagonist bears a striking resemblance to Glenn himself, albeit much taller and with a huge willy :rolleyes:

I don't know about any horror ones really, other than From Hell, but I'd be interested to know aswell...anyone?

THE GOON,THE GOON THE GOON THE GOON THE GOON!!!!!!!!!!!11.|..|
b1-goon.jpg

Hell Blazer i'd absolutely recommend aswell ,

Sleeper too, Silent Dragon, LOKI(coz i think vikings are deadly)

give Vertigocomics.com a go

I have a bag (not a big bag mind) of zombie comics at home. I don't know if they're mine to keep, but they probably are cos the shop that leant me them is phasing out the comics, and you can have them.

I think some of them are the Walking Dead though. Is that the one where the protagonists end up some kind of settlement where guys fight each other in an area, barely out of the reach of zombies on chains?? And then yer man gets his hand cut off and yer one gets tied up by the creepy guy and yuk.... bad shit. It's really pro-guns too.

Speaking of comics- the comic strip I'm working on should be appearing in an upcoming Judge Dredd Megazine

which is nice

Excellent man, what comic you working on? Its not Sancho is it?
Also "Zombie" from Marvel Max seems to be decent enough too. And avatar press do a few Zombie / horror comics too worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back