taxi strikes (1 Viewer)

I remember when i pretty much had to walk to Fairview from the Mean Fiddler beside Whelans before i could get a free taxi on a Saturday night.

I mean that just MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when i pretty much had to walk to Fairview from the Mean Fiddler beside Whelans before i could get a free taxi on a Saturday night.

I mean that just MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's the whole reason there ended up being a Some Like It Hot/Hillbillies there.
After the North Strand at least you could get some food and a fight.

awww the poor taxi drivers :rolleyes:

Must be tough getting paid so much for a few minutes driving.

If it's hard to make a living on it, get a new job.

Seriously, how are these guys not making money???? I can't really fathom it to be honest. Or is it like the property sector where they've had it sweet for so many years that they freak when things get a bit tighter on the auld wallet?

awww the poor taxi drivers :rolleyes:

Must be tough getting paid so much for a few minutes driving.

If it's hard to make a living on it, get a new job.

Seriously, how are these guys not making money???? I can't really fathom it to be honest. Or is it like the property sector where they've had it sweet for so many years that they freak when things get a bit tighter on the auld wallet?

If they were driving the whole time it would be okay.
They have hours between fares sometimes.

It's all the black lads fault apparently.

The rank at Tesco in Rathmines is insane. They queue all the way up the street and then around the corner and almost into the estate. And then sit there. ALL day. I'd say they earn about €40 a day if they're lucky. Yet i still don't give a fuck.

I'd say they earn about €40 a day if they're lucky. Yet i still don't give a fuck.

Which they'd probably earn for 15mins actual driving.

what other job would give you that money for a few minutes work while you get to listen to the radio and deliver racist tirades???

I'm with Chutneyfarmer on this one. They melt my bleedin brain with their racist bullsit banter. Shut up and drive me to the shop Mr. Colburn.

It's very hard to make a living as a taxi driver now. The ones that do okay have to do literally unsafe hours.
However, I think this is a particular service that needed to be deregulated and the result is, in the long term, going to be that there will only be as many drivers as can make a living. The rest are going to have to do something else and, basically, tough.

However, I think this is a particular service that needed to be deregulated and the result is, in the long term, going to be that there will only be as many drivers as can make a living. The rest are going to have to do something else and, basically, tough.

Exactly!

Took me nearly 3 hours to get home yesterday. They started circling the south quays and coming up pearse street. They were crawling up both lanes on pearse street and turning off to macken street.

has it occured to them that MAAAAYYYBE the reason they're getting less fares is because people are sick of them moaning and whining like bitches and have decided to stop paying their overpriced fares and have started getting nitelinks/buses instead?

I'm thinking about going on strike.

Organise a Drummer's protest in the city centre. Hundreds of drummers with their kits out doing paradiddles on O'Connell Street. That'd be deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back